Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages

FIXED
Selgovae
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Private Messages

Sorry if this has been asked before but I notice I can't send a Private Message. All it says is Oops! You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Has any of the moderators any advice?
38 REPLIES 38
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Private Messages

Fix

In order to send PM's I think that you need to have posted a few times - probably only once or twice so I suggest trying again

JrScott
Hooked

Good advice, this is my first post so hopefully now qualify.
Mav
Fixes: 515

As Oldjim said, due to the number of spam PMs we were getting, a restriction was placed until a number of posts had been made. I can't recall what that number is at the moment.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

We had an issue with users creating accounts and sending all sorts of spammy PMs out so we had to lock it down a little bit. Looking at your account, I can see that you have passed the criteria to have PMs enabled.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

newlands
Hooked

Sorry about this post but I'm new to the Plusnet Community.  I'm trying to send a Private Message, so I have just registered with the Plusnet Community but still can't send a Private Message - possibly because I have never posted before.  Let's hope this helps!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@newlands you should be able to send a PM now that you have successfully posted on the forum.

jd1

Replying to give this a go..

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Generally if you're looking for help or advice it's better to start a public thread than PMing someone straight away.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RussJH

Same pm problem here, hope this post sorts it

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What's the issue you're having Russ? We would advise starting a new thread rather than PMing someone straight away.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Galaxys7

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Searched for already existing threads and thought I'd post in here rather than start a new thread. What is the actual post count limit for PM enabling? I've already made one post and still not able to PM. I'm just looking a username change anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be able to PM now @Anonymous, provided you've also verified your email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still getting the same "oops" message, email is verified too. That's why I was wondering just what the exact limit was. But I guess they don't want to particularly give that away. Maybe three is the magic number?

Edit: Three is not.