Did you mean: 

Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

Phew,

Well I managed to make it over to the over side now, after resetting my (correct) password back to the same correct password.

Not sure if I will get used to this new format, I will see.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

More Preview problems.

Don't try to Preview a PM at present without copying all what you've type first, it'll disappear.

Don't try to insert an image into a PM (known bug before going live).

Don't Preview a post that's got an image IN it, as opposed to attached.

@mtrinder to note Wink

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It appears that the fly out menu doesn't work on mobile anymore. Even by repeatedly pressing the avatar it just sends me to my profile.

Beyond a joke now this forum. Plusnet - you said there was teething problems in March but seems there's more...

Just want the old forum back Sad

NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The fly out menu problem seems to be intermittent on both desktop and mobile. It's something we've made note of and are looking in to.

Although I appreciate some of these problems are quite frustrating and it's correct that there were a few teething problems in March, not all of the current problems are things we'd seen/experienced on the staging site when testing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@NorthEasterner wrote:
It appears that the fly out menu doesn't work on mobile anymore. Even by repeatedly pressing the avatar it just sends me to my profile.

Odd, I was just thinking it was working better this morning - currently just had it function correctly 10 times in a row. Huh

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion

@NorthEasterner and everyone else, if you haven't already read it, please see Message 40 & Message 62   Additionally, Message 47 & Message 56 may be helpful to some users.

Also, these bugs were not present during testing.

@HarryB I have mentioned several times throughout this thread that all the issues appear intermittent for some reason but are occurring more often than not Wink

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Anotherone I appreciate that, although personally I can't say that I've been experiencing all of them more often than not. It seems to vary depending which laptop/mobile I'm using Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
w23
Pro

@HarryB wrote:

The fly out menu problem seems to be intermittent on both desktop and mobile. It's something we've made note of and are looking in to.

I've not had (or been able to reproduce) the fly-out menu issue on desktop at all.  I thought it was a lot better today on my mobile (certainly for the last couple of hours or so), then I tried Google Chrome (rather than the default browser on my (Generic Chinese) Android Lollipop phone) and immediately recreated the problem.  After a little experimenting, I've found (on BOTH phone browsers that I've tested) that, if I wait until the page is FULLY loaded before clicking (or is 'poking' a more accurate term on touchscreen devices?) username/avatar for the fly-out it appears to work correctly and reliably, if I click/poke before the page is fully loaded then it's likely as not to jump straight to my profile page.

Anyone else want to test this on other devices / browsers?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me or is the Authentication error when marking as read becoming more and more frequent? It really is tedious.

Anotherone
Champion

Nope you are not alone, I get the authentication error virtually every time today.

Edit: to clarify

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@w23 wrote:

if I click/poke before the page is fully loaded then it's likely as not to jump straight to my profile page.

Interesting, thanks for helping to look into this.

In my experience so far on Google Chrome, if I click a link on the forum to visit a page (any page) i seem to be getting the issue, even if the page is fully loaded. However if I refresh the page, with or without clearing cache then the issue doesn't occur.

Visiting the URL directly from the browser bar also seems fine...

I'll try reproducing the issue via clicking before the page has fully loaded and see how far I get with that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anotherone - So you're saying that it works for you more often that not? I've just had 8 attempts using what I thought was a fool proof method, but it only left me looking like the fool.

Anotherone
Champion

Sorry Mook, no the reverse, it fails more often than not, I get the Authentication error. I'll edit that post to make it clear Embarrassed

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Fly out seems to be working at the minute :fingerscrossed:
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
w23
Pro

Cannot get the fly-out to work at all on the Raspberry Pi at the moment, even if page is definitely 100% loaded Sad

Call me 'w23'