Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Priority - Forum bugs have appeared

I have just been sent an email saying the new community is ready, so I took from that that an upgrade had been rolled out only to find the auth error still exists when trying to mark posts as read. A bit preemptive perhaps!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Not the one mentioned here by any chance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anotherone - That sounds familiar but it's the second time I've seen that email, the first time when it was launched, hence my expectations.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anonymous  But this is Plusnet and development timescales are notoriously slow.   << GRIN >>

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

MauriceC      Slow ,,,,,,, a bit of a understaement    Crazy3

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@w23 wrote:

Cannot get the fly-out to work at all on the Raspberry Pi at the moment, even if page is definitely 100% loaded Sad

I must have tries well over 20 times, same result each time, straight to my profile on clicking my username...  then.... this morning... worked correctly first time.  Just call me confused.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Haven't seen this one for a while

On the Unread Topics page - selected Mark Topics Read and got this

2016-04-12_093629.jpg

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's a random reward for browsing too much @Oldjim  Cheesy

I see it several times a day.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Most definitely related to the other issues. We're in contact with Lithium support at the moment to diagnose and rectify the issues - I'll keep you posted.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

To yet again misquote Star Trek...

The di-Lithium crystals are just not up to it Jim!

Edit: Note I did not put the capital "L" in Lithium above (nor here) - do wish they would drop this self grandeur in presuming that any and all reference to the chemical element is intended to refer to their company name requiring it to be changed to a proper noun.

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Edit: Note I did not put the capital "L" in Lithium above (nor here) - do wish they would drop this self grandeur in presuming that any and all reference to the chemical element is intended to refer to their company name requiring it to be changed to a proper noun.

Hah, yeah that's a bit rich!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Townman wrote:

For what it's worth, I've done some digging around and found what's causing this. You should now be able to say lithium without it auto-replacing it with Lithium.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@w23 wrote:

@w23 wrote:

Cannot get the fly-out to work at all on the Raspberry Pi at the moment, even if page is definitely 100% loaded Sad

I must have tries well over 20 times, same result each time, straight to my profile on clicking my username...  then.... this morning... worked correctly first time.  Just call me confused.

... just tried to log out via the fly-out thing and, as usual, it disappeared very swiftly and no matter how many times I actually clicked on "sign-out" (hit-and-miss process) I was still logged in.

*then* I closed all Comm Site browser tabs, and re-opened just one (and was still then shown as logged in).  The fly-out then opened trouble-free (static, ie didn't disappear), and sign-out was simple.

Tested it twice;  worked both times.  Don't know if this would work for everyone's fly-out issues (using a desktop here, and IE11) but thought it might be worth posting it here, anyway.

* edited for clarity 13/04/16.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Oldjim wrote:

On the Unread Topics page - selected Mark Topics Read and got this

2016-04-12_093629.jpg

I have just been browsing using Edge on a Win 10 tablet, and got this consistently every time I tried to set all posts read. I also tried with Firefox on the same tablet - same error. It was the first time I have browsed the forum on that particular device.

Shift to the desktop - same version of  Edge on Windows 10 and the error does not occur.

Weird!!

IanSn
Rising Star

Got this when finally managed to hit the Sign-out link (not sure this pic will load but its a long error message.) (Win8 phone, btw)