cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in English Language only please

bigwierdone

Re: Posting in English Language only please

But this is where the discrimination comes in.
Your only putting areas to suit people that WORK with you, rather than the customers....which forgive me for being TOTALLY thick, is what being in business is all about?
Plusnet has what? over 200,000 customers now, and from reading the threads lately, a lot come from the land of sheep. Why only create a forum that you have staff for, why not create one where welsh customers can talk to other welsh customers in their native language?
bigwierdone

to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality:

You are saying that because polish work in your office they get a forum, but because welsh DON'T work in your office they don't get a forum.
That is discrimination, also it looks like the polish area is really busy too, hope it doesn't fall flat on its face after all these people sticking up for it.
bigwierdone

And again, it goes to the reason the forum being created was because of plusnet STAFF, hence my earlier post, but after that post it was stated that the forum was for the customers....I mean come on, make your bleedin minds up
James
Grafter

So don't read it.
Problem solved.
bigwierdone

ATTITUDE!!!
Jesus, calm down, don't make it personal, don't go breaking your own forum rules!!

Accept a little criticisms about it, its wrong in my opinion, its right in yours....god, dusty was right, you really are a click little lot arent you!
bigwierdone

So why has a welsh one for welsh customers not been created
NEVER mind that you have no welsh speaking staff.....go to night school, you seem to want to help other languages.....so learn them!!
Plusnet opened a whole can of worms when they did this, and they should accept the opinions of people that don't agree with it...sorry, not accept them, just stop the attitude that your right and everyone else is wrong!
James
Grafter

I'm not even remotely agitated, believe me Smiley I'd be a lot more cutting if I was!
I just think that everyone is making an issue when there isn't one. We've said that we're looking at doing a Welsh version at some stage in the future.  We're just trying to touch as many people as possible.
Don't see the problem here.
I'm not even remotely bothered by the fact that there isn't a Danish forum, despite being 1/8 Danish myself.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: bigwierdone
Why only create a forum that you have staff for, why not create one where welsh customers can talk to other welsh customers in their native language?

So are you recommending that Plusnet put up the fees to enable them to recruit and train sufficient Welsh speakers (or pay for existing staff to learn Welsh) to be able to offer a Welsh portal and forum?
I suspect there are already ISP's that offer Welsh (probably based in Wales) - why would a Sheffield based ISP want to compete with that. I've not seen any other ISP offering Polish - so good luck to them.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I just hope that if Plusnet do start versions of the portal and a forum in another language it is done with sufficient resources and not a half-baked effort because you have a couple of people who speak the language tolerably well.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Ianwild
Grafter

As it is, we have lots of vacancies - http://www.plus.net/careers/ and we definitely don't agree with Anne Robinson. Please feel free to help us recruit, and if it so happens that we end up with enough welsh speaking staff prepared to spend some of their own time getting involved in the project (As happened with the Polish site) then I'm sure the business will support them.
Interesting thread - I enjoyed reading it.
Ian
itsme
Grafter

Plusnet seem to jusify the Polish forum on basically to grounds.
1. To attract more Polish Customers.
2. To help Polish Customers with Technical problems because of language problems.
PN seem to be failing on both points as from what I can see only one Polish Customer has posted on the forum. So either PN is not attracting Polish Customers or they are not having problems. Also technical terms are truely an international language. 
James
Grafter

I'm relatively fluent in French and sure as hell wouldn't have the slightest idea if someone was talking me through a synchronisation problem.
Dusty
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: bigwierdone
Why only create a forum that you have staff for, why not create one where welsh customers can talk to other welsh customers in their native language?

So are you recommending that Plusnet put up the fees to enable them to recruit and train sufficient Welsh speakers (or pay for existing staff to learn Welsh) to be able to offer a Welsh portal and forum?
I suspect there are already ISP's that offer Welsh (probably based in Wales) - why would a Sheffield based ISP want to compete with that. I've not seen any other ISP offering Polish - so good luck to them.

So your saying plusnet are achieving this by exploitation of the polish workers ? if its done for nothing and in their spare time as i have read before than that makes it even worse. Because they wont entertain employing staff to give tech help in any other language, if they have to pay for it.
You justify this by saying fees would go up, best thing then would stick to the mother tongue of the UK and not go down this road in the first place. Those employed by PN and who have taken on this project, might go back to poland or just change jobs, what then ?
Will plusnet employ staff dedicated to polish tech support then ? Or will it just fall by the way side and swept under the carpet.
Big_Fred
Dabbler

Quote from: paulby
Quote from: Big

Is Dusty a foreigner i.e not English or does he just want to stirr the pot for some other reason???

I hope you mean British - lest you offend us Scots, Welsh and Irish on here Cheesy

Eerr Ummm no I meant English or from the UK which of course would include Scots, Welsh and Irish. British can cover too wide a section, I think??? Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Spider
Grafter

I know my thoughts were minor, but I see no one feels that they are significant enough to comment on... never mind. It still would be good to hear an official view point on the points I raised.