cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in English Language only please

James
Grafter

Re: Posting in English Language only please

How is it expensive when it was done in staff's own time?
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
Can I suggest this thread is locked as it's not going anywhere.

I think that would be a good idea.  Anyone else?
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
After you posted, I raised discussion on clarifying things a little more.
I agree there needs to be some sort of message in English explaining that that board is for Polish posts only.
Clarification is also required about the fact that that particular board is moderated by PN.
I also think we need to clarify that Polish posts anywhere else in these forums will be moved to storage (as like any post not in English), since none of the mods for the rest of the forum would know a Polish post from any other similar languages (are there any similar, I don't know)

Any progress on these points as yet?
Dusty
Grafter

Seems the only ones who want this closed are the people for the polish forum. Funny that
Dusty
Grafter

A good start would be if plusnet answered some of the questions asked. Instead of trying to get the thread locked so they can avoid them .
LiamM
Grafter

Yep.  I can't really see any genuine questions that PlusNet should be at liberty to answer.  They have answered why they have done this and they have stated (quite correctly) that it is not breaking any rules.  I don't expect PlusNet to get drawn into the debate as it's not really their place and not the best use of time.  The fact of the matter is that no side is going to change their opinion, so the debate is worthless.
Please outline any reasonable questions you're awaiting the answer for and i'm sure PlusNet will provide answers.
Spider
Grafter

An update as per the top of this page would be a start.
LiamM
Grafter

With regards to James' comment :-
I agree there needs to be some sort of message in English explaining that that board is for Polish posts only.

Might be worth a mod sticking an English sticky in there explaining the board?
Dusty
Grafter

Quote from: LiamM
Yep.  I can't really see any genuine questions that PlusNet should be at liberty to answer.  They have answered why they have done this and they have stated (quite correctly) that it is not breaking any rules.  I don't expect PlusNet to get drawn into the debate as it's not really their place and not the best use of time.  The fact of the matter is that no side is going to change their opinion, so the debate is worthless.
Please outline any reasonable questions you're awaiting the answer for and i'm sure PlusNet will provide answers.

Its all in this thread. I don't see why we should have to outline everything's been asked, because the question has not been answered.
At the end of the day its plusnets business and its the customers opinions. They can take them or leave them . I do take exceptions to a number of people in this thread using generalisations of words like xenophobe's, when discussing a subject like this .
FOR JELV
For you information Jelv ETC . I am English born with Malteses parents . I have an Italian wife born and raised in Gela Sicily. Can you please refrain from hinting or insinuating that i have racist undertones. You have been doing this on a number of threads.
Whats the world coming to if your labeled a xenophobe etc, because you don't think one particular language should get special treatment on a forum, and flippant comments made can be offensive to the person your directing them at and compromises your title of a bright spark, as its not very bright at all  to do that .
I dont think you have any right to be calling people that in here
Good day
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Ok,
Enough already.
This has been going round in circles for a while now, and it's going nowhere fast.
To moderate this thread in balance is going to upset one group or another.
We have one group who are not happy with the fact that there is a Polish language area of the forum - it has been indeed pointed out that the main system of support is via the ticketing system. I'm pretty certain that if a ticket was raised in the Polish tongue, then it would be moved to a different pool for the correct support to be given if needed by a member of the Polish team.
The Polish speaking forum, is a backup in a way for the ticketing system, as it is indeed in the main English  forum area, which again is not the main system of support.
It is well recieved however, that members of the Comms team and other members of staff do indeed, participate in the forums and will attempt to rectify problems hopefully to a successful conclusion.
On the other hand, we also have a group that are pro integration of another language, and see no problem with what is being done.
I personally see no problem with what we have here.
It's not affecting anyone whatsoever in the main forum, and we should all learn to be tolerant and live in harmony together.
If we moved to another country whose first language wasn't English, then we would struggle also if people didn't speak English too.
The extra support is there for our Polish friends if they can't say exactly what it is they want to say.
I think we'd only be too grateful if we went to another country for a similar kind of support mechanism.
I'm not sure how this matter can be resolved to the satisfaction of all as I can see that it is now becoming rather heated in areas, which is something the community does not wish to see.
There are good arguments from both sides of the fence, but I think on this occasion, everyone needs to agree to disagree, particularly after 8 pages of discussion.
This topic will now be closed, and I hope that lessons will indeed be learned by all, in the fine art of toleration, and embracing change.
Roger.
Colin
Grafter

Thread posted to the polish board.