Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in English Language only please

Big_Fred
Dabbler

Re: Posting in English Language only please

Quote from: Dusty

Can someone please tell me if plusnet are still honest and open as they proclaim, if so can i speak my mind with out being told not to, posts deleted, or threads locked. Until otherwise ill say what i like, as as far as I'm concerned it falls with in the rules, unless there is a rule saying you must only post if you agree with plusnet all of the time . 

It could easily be that anyone (or more) of the many 1000’s of PluNet users that read these/your messages on this forum might have reported you to a moderator. In which case the moderator has a duty to look into any reports.
BF.
Dusty
Grafter

That was not the case tho. No one reported me, because the moderator told me why and admitted i broke no rules.
Anyways I'm still harbouring resentment about it because my complaints have falling on death ears via PM and tbh when i come back from holiday. I will more than likely move on . This time if i request my mac code ill mean it and no phone calls to persuade me to stay will help.
Ill see how i feel in two weeks time when i get back.
James
Grafter

You're going to migrate out because you don't agree with our having a Polish Forum?
That's a bit extreme.
Dusty
Grafter

No don't be silly  Cheesy
Because when i don't agree with something, my thread gets locked and posts get deleted and no one will listen. Or I'm fed words and nothing else.
We all have opinions, I'm only voicing mine about the polish forum. Nothing more nothing less, but when a moderator locks threads because its an opinion he does not share then to me that's a an abuse of moderating power and when i see it not acted on , i take it as agreement.
Spider
Grafter

I have to say the more I read the posts the more I agree with Dusty on this one.
[quote=Forum Rules]Forum Language
The official language to be used with all postings on these forums is English. Except in the dedicated Polish language forum.
When you look at the main forum page under 'Service Discussion'' you find one sub forum in a Foreign Language is this the Polish Language Forum? The reason I ask is there is no where in English that says it is. Also my understanding is that this section also as separate moderators to the main forum and that they are staff members.
[quote=Forum Rules]The forums are moderated by customers, namely John (John_Essex), Roger (rogerloxton), James (James_H), Daniel (assos) Bill (billbo) and Jonathan (chillypenguin).
If this is the case then not only is the language the exception but also the moderators.
If PlusNet are going to continue down this route then I feel that it is more appropriate that there is a more clearly defined Polish section with separate rules. The Welsh / English publications are a good example how to combine two languages to get the same information.
Dusty
Grafter

Quote from: James
PlusNet Staff will not moderate any of your posts.  The only Moderation will be done by our Moderators themselves.

See this is another inconsistency. who moderates the polish section, would it be plusnet  staff ?
Not applicable

First of all, if you can read this, welcome to the Polish Plusnet users, and staff (not sure if the latter are newcomers).
With regards to this issue, it is probably easier for the Polish Plusnet users to read in their own language.  However, I would have thought that to make full use of the helpful information that comes out of the forum, and to participate fully,  the need to communicate in English is essential, particularly if they intend to live and work here for any length of time.  Forums such as this would surely help newcomers to improve their English language skills.
Also, I think that it is a shame that the opportunity to enter into dialogue with our Polish co-Plusnetters is being denied.  Who knows how much we could learn from each other if only we could communicate?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you appear to be saying that if a Polish person who has limited English (and even worse skills when it comes to technical terms in English), who has chosen to use PN to keep in touch with the folks back home, comes across problems he is to be denied the opportunity to discuss the issue on these forums with fellow Poles who work at Plusnet  in his own language.
Your attitude seems to be if they can't speak English "sod them".
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Dusty
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you appear to be saying that if a Polish person who has limited English (and even worse skills when it comes to technical terms in English), who has chosen to use PN to keep in touch with the folks back home, comes across problems he is to be denied the opportunity to discuss the issue on these forums with fellow Poles who work at Plusnet  in his own language.

That is correct and i agree with you, because that would be the case if you go by forum rules and don't speak English or polish.
Neil_A
Grafter

See this is another inconsistency. who moderates the polish section, would it be plusnet  staff ?

If you can find a Polish speaking customer who wants to be a mod then that would be great. until then we'll have to have one of our Polish staff moderate that forum. We'd rather it was a Polish-speaking customer moderating the Polish forum.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That is correct and i agree with you, because that would be the case if you go by forum rules and don't speak English or polish.

That is what I suspected - it's not the foreigners in this country that cause the problems - its bigots like you you are not prepared to do anything to make them welcome.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Dusty
Grafter

Well if your having that much difficulty in finding a polish mod and even if you find a person, how will you know that one person is suitable ? You not having a customer as a mod tells you that the forum has no polish plusnet customers. This is just an exercise in humouring your polish staff Undecided
Dusty
Grafter

That is what I suspected - it's not the foreigners in this country that cause the problems - its bigots like you you are not prepared to do anything to make them welcome.

Please keep with in the forum rules and not get personal. A bigot like me would not of married a foreigner him self . So please keep your rude comments to your self, because you know nothing about me .
Thank you
Big_Fred
Dabbler

Are there any Polish people or other “foreigners” following/reading this thread that are bothered with the theme or it’s origins or why there is a Polish section and not others.
By the way, if you want to politically correct or respectful, courteous or whatever you like to call it to “foreigners” and the ENGLISH you ought to use a capital letter at the beginning of the country like England, I hate it when people don’t use a capital E for England.
To me it shows disrespect and disloyalty more so when an English person writes/types it.
I don’t care about spelling or grammar, mistakes in either of them I sometimes find funny but never point their mistakes out because that person has taken the trouble to join in, I find it a different thing when some can’t be bothered with capitalising countries and even counties.
To me it’s a case of; you don’t buy a house next to a sewerage works and then complain about the smell.
For whatever reason there is a Polish section and not others.
Is Dusty a foreigner i.e not English or does he just want to stirr the pot for some other reason???
Whoops I’ve gone off on one now.
Big Fred.
Dusty
Grafter

I find it ironic the ones screaming the most about peoples sensibilities are the ones who are dragging this down on a personal level .
If you cant debate reasonably then don't debate at all, i have an opinion that if you cater for one you have to cater for all and the point that its not really needed. Why get so worked up about it to start getting personal. 
If debating my opinions and thoughts are stirring the pot , I'm as guilty as charged, but calling one a bigot and criticising peoples grammar, and you guys think your tolerant side of society.  Undecided
Let me clarify something. I think if you cater for one you open your self to be accused of discrimination of others, a solicitor told me that. He must be a bigot too ? Second, i questioned why is it really needed and i pointed out why its not . Did i say polish go home etc. Come on guys get a grip .