cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in English Language only please

zembu

Posting in English Language only please

I think that posts in any language other than English should not be allowed on this site.
100 REPLIES 100
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Posting in English Language only please

Other than in the specific Polish forum they are not.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This is covered in the [Forum Rules]
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dusty
Grafter

So like i said in my thread that was locked for no reason, to allow one foreign language but not others is discrimination and could fall foul of race laws.
James
Grafter

It can't be discrimination as that would be a legal term whereas yours is just an opinion Smiley
Dusty
Grafter

I did say "could" . I have a friend in the real world who is a solicitor and i asked him a few days back and he said, as a business when you go down the road of picking other minority languages  over others and disallowing them can be deemed as discrimination and the company involved could open up a can of worms for them selves. Would you dispute that ?
Liam
Grafter

It's not discriminatory.  We offer a Polish service because we have the staff ability to do so.  Just because we offer a Polish service, does not mean we need to for every language.  The Polish forum is part of the Polish service and that is why it exists. 
Elsewhere on the forums, the language used should be English so that the moderators are able to moderate effectively.
This is in no way discriminatory.
Dusty
Grafter

When i say different to plusnet,  its an opinion, but if plusnet say it, its what exactly? Of course its discrimination. If i choose to post in Italian in here it will be deleted. if i choose to post in polish its not. If that's not discrimination and you define the word for me please ?
treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discrimination
Chris
Legend

If you choose to post in Polish in the main forums, then it will be dealt with in the same way as any other non-English post. The only area that Polish can be posted is in the Polish specific forum, this is so the Polish staff here can offer support to the customers that have signed up for our Polish service.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Dusty, we've heard your views many times and I for one think you've flogged this to death. As far as I can tell nobody else sees this as an issue.
If you are convinced you are right I suggest you report the matter to the appropriate authority, otherwise please shut up!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Big_Fred
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
Dusty, we've heard your views many times and I for one think you've flogged this to death. As far as I can tell nobody else sees this as an issue.
If you are convinced you are right I suggest you report the matter to the appropriate authority, otherwise please shut up!

Well said jelv.
Another case of England gone PC mad again!! and I don't mean the one I'm using to type this.
BF.
Dusty
Grafter

No one sees this as an issue ? I never started the thread so that blows that one away.
I get it i cant have an opinion because plusnet staff and forum bright sparks say differnt. So you are saying i cant have an opinion voice what iv been told by people in the know, because iv said it before? Or is it because its not what plusnet want to hear . I think the later.
Maybe this thread will be locked or my post deleted. Its not like its happened before and when i complain it falls on death ears.
Can someone please tell me if plusnet are still honest and open as they proclaim, if so can i speak my mind with out being told not to, posts deleted, or threads locked. Until otherwise ill say what i like, as as far as I'm concerned it falls with in the rules, unless there is a rule saying you must only post if you agree with plusnet all of the time . 
James
Grafter

PlusNet Staff will not moderate any of your posts.  The only Moderation will be done by our Moderators themselves.
Dusty
Grafter

Yea dont i know it  Wink
Chris
Legend

Hi Dusty,
I can see that your posts are your opinion, mine are my opinion and my interpretation of the forum rules. If someone wants to post in any non-English language anywhere in the forums this will be dealt with in the same way. We only have a Polish forum because we have Polish staff and set up a website to cater for Polish people, it is only in there that it's acceptable to post in Polish.
As James_H says, everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them Cheesy