Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policies and Proceedures.

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Policies and Proceedures.

What are PN's policies and proceedures relating to all sections of the forum ?

Do paid employees make final or overiding decisions relating to the forum.?

Are such policies and procedures available to view by customers ?

I exclude decisions regarding the use of software such a lithium as this is a commercial decision.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Policies and Proceedures.

Fix

In an effort to keep the forums an impartial place to discuss your views about anything from Plusnet's services to current affairs, Plusnet has recruited regular forum users and customers to moderate these boards.

We mods ensure that posts adhere to the Forum Guidelines and these are set by Plusnet, but may be relaxed slightly in off topic boards at our discretion.

In issues where the rules require interpretation We the mods discuss the matter in our private area of the forum, reach consensus and act/or don't accordingly.

From time to time Plusnet may ask us to take a certain action, (lock a thread/delete a thread) but we're under no obligation to fulfil the request. The Community Manager can if they wish perform the same actions as the moderation team but generally leaves it to us in the interests of impartiality and aims to do so unless an emergency occurs that requires dealing with quickly and there are no moderators online.

In some occasions you may not agree with the decisions we make, and if you'd like to escalate it then the final level of escalation is to the Community Manager, however due to the decision making process that we go through before taking any action it's unusual for a Moderation decision to be overturned.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@dvorak

Thank you for your reply.

It is clear from the number of thanks you got to the reply that a number of forum members including myself found the information helpful.

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

it's unusual for a Moderation decision to be overturned.

@dvorak seems quite a way onward towards

a version of the Law of the Medes and Persians. Even Lifers can expect consideration for release on parole, but if the judge here makes a decision against one, that person is condemned for ever.

Like it or not, that's how things come across. In Plusnet there is no redemption.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@Luzern - you selectively quoted that, the decision isn't made without PN's knowledge or as a single moderator, as made clear above.
PN staff can and do have input, that's why it's unlikely to be overturned, and unlikely doesn't mean never.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@dvorak One may call my quote selective, but even without the full text you would have desired, they are still a factual statement that "it's unlikely to be overturned". Moreover I never said they could or would never be overturned, only that it seemed on the path to the Law of.....".

Best wishes! Smiley

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.