cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet eMail notifications problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plusnet eMail notifications problem.

According to my settings I've got HTML stripped and turned off.

Settings

But whenever I get an email from Plusnet (Community) there is still HTML in it, some more that others like private messages. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I suspect I could reduce the HTML in regard to PM notifications by only having the subject but that means I need to visit the site to see the message so not so convenient.

4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Plusnet eMail notifications problem.

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you receiving the plain text emails but the html tags are showing in the message body of the posted content? Or are you receiving the full HTML version of the email when you have selected the plain text version only?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 It's the former for me as in:

Please do not reply to this email which has been automatically generated, you will not receive a response. <span style="font-style: italic;">You can reply on the forum if you wish to respond</span>

thanks.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah... I know what has happened here. I have used a common text key across all emails (including the text only versions) but it included the italic style on the second sentence. It was a last minute change and I completely forgot about the plain text versions. I will get this fixed and have it come out on the next release (which isn't too far away).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Anonymous, I have gone through all the emails and fixed this issue. The change will happen when we next push the updates up to the live site.

Many thanks