cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cookie Policy Accessibility

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plusnet Cookie Policy Accessibility

I have mentioned this before and nothing has been done about it, so I thought I’d raise it again. When you arrive on the community or main plus.net site without pre-existing cookies, you are presented with this:
Cookie Prompt
You’ll note that cookies is a hyperlink (that goes to /help/legal/cookie-policy/) but clicking on it presents you with this:
Cookie Policy
I can’t comprehend the logic, or in this case, lack of it, behind this, surely in order to view the Cookie Policy you must be able to read it without being forced to accept cookies just in case you do not agree to it.

19 REPLIES 19
happybunny
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Cookie Policy Accessibility

The other issue which has also been raised is the way the banner presents on mobile devices and the failure to store the user preference.

Given the mess that Plusnet are in right now (their own making it seems) their priorities might be focused elsewhere.  Having said that, broken or unreliable customer facing websites do give users an indication of the state of their selected ISP..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone from Plusnet going to respond to this, ignoring it's not going to make it go away.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Hi @Anonymous, sorry for not getting back to you sooner about this - haven't been ignoring it, just not been on for a while due to other projects.
So I have discussed this with my team and we think that the best solution is to suppress the cookie banner specifically on the cookie policy page (there is a link at the top of the cookie policy to initiate the banner if needed). This is how the BT website handles it.
I have raised a new work task internally and pushed it in front of our digital planning manager so that it can be scheduled in to our normal work. Rest assured, this will get done but it needs to be scheduled in.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks  @jaread83, I appreciate you have other work to do, and what you're proposing should have the desired effect. Thumbs_Up

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Anonymous. I will update here when it has been fixed and scheduled in for release. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jaread83, look forward to the update and for what it is worth this hasn’t caused me any inconvenience it is nothing more than a matter of common sense, but I do appreciate your time and effort.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I know why it has happened this way - the old design was positioned at the top of the page and wouldn't interfere with a users experience. But unfortunately, if you don't interact with the banner, it blocked some functionality like the online chat due to the way that the cookie deployment is now handled. So we had to make it so that users had to interact with the banner and this was missed on the user journey unfortunately. We will get this sorted Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now over two months since I raised this but on checking this morning the changes mentioned have not been applied. Is there anything in the schedule for this yet?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hiya, the work is due to be sized this week. I'll let you know when they schedule it.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonoH  - Any progress on this? Nearly 6 months in and nothing appears to have been done about it when we all know the site has been updated.

JonoH
Hero

Sorry @Anonymous  I've no idea whats happened it slipped off my radar, I'm on holiday next week I'll try to remember to chase it when I return. (I'd do it now but I'm not in the office) 

Jono H
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @JonoH appreciated, and on your return see if Plusnet will get you a bigger monitor, sounds like you need one. Grin

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@JonoH just needs more tech resources to address the things accepted as needing TLC.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

I've been unable to locate Jacks original job, I've raised another. Thanks for flagging it. 

Jono H