cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Community "Keep Me Signed In" not working.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Plusnet Community "Keep Me Signed In" not working.

Over the last day or so, I have been repeatedly asked to sign in to the forums again and again despite having ticked the "Keep Me Signed In" box. I have cleared cookies and this still happens. I am using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) which is up to date (according to Chrome).

Is this a known issue or am I alone?

29 REPLIES 29
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Re: Plusnet Community "Keep Me Signed In" not working.

@jgb 

The keep me signed in and other log in preferences are kept on your device in a cookie. If your browser or other security software is set to delete cookies on shut down then the options are deleted. I also find it irritating but that’s the way it works.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion

@Baldrick1 

It 's not that as it does it (i.e. asks me to log back in when I look for unread posts etc.) without me shutting down either the computer or even the browser. No settings have been changed by me over the past few days and up until two days ago I was kept signed in without any issues. Also other, non Plusnet, sites are not exhibiting the same problem. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@jgb 

Have you tried a different browser to see if it's browser specific?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion

@Baldrick1 

I am testing using Edge at present. Looks hopeful as it did not log me out when I closed Edge and reopened it. If that is OK it looks like it is a Chrome issue. I wonder if the last Chrome update broke something.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's also a Firefox issue. Something has changed on the site, maybe related to the coronavirus pop-up recently added.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Community Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Strat wrote:

It's also a Firefox issue. Something has changed on the site, maybe related to the coronavirus pop-up recently added.

It happened to me this morning on Firefox 74.0.  OK at 09:00 on my desktop  'ish but later in the morning I was unable to sign in.  Password / username removed from profile.

Laptop access was OK when I checked a bit later, logging back in on desktop seems OK now.

Perhaps this CORVID-19 virus is even more powerful in its mutation. Wink😀

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Logged me out twice today, even though 'keep me signed in' is set, but no problem logging back in, although you have to do it twice each time - the first attempt just takes you back to login page.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

This happens to me all the time on my phone, desktop and iPad are still logged in OK.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Having previously selected the 'Keep me signed in' option I arrived at the site this morning to see what had been posted overnight. All was well and I moved on, but when I returned later, within about 30 mins, I got a message saying "My session had expired" and presented with the login page.

Normally with this option selected you never need to login again until you either clear down your cookies or log yourself out manually, so it would appear that something has changed.

jgb
Champion

Community session still being terminated on Chrome this morning but seems to be OK when using Edge. 

jab1
Legend

I was OK first thing this morning, been away for just over an hour, and got 'session expired' - keep me signed in ticked, cookie kept when I run CCleaner.

Something certainly has been borked.

John
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when you include a link in a post the default action now "Open in current page". Now this was not the case a (short) while back so it's even more evident that updates have been made and are causing the issues we are seeing now. I wonder what else we've not noticed.

jab1
Legend

Hadn't noticed that, @Mook , but I tend to 'centre-click' links anyway and force them to open in a new tab.

John