pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: On Line Now !

so why use User on line, the next item is and it does the same
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Why have Users Online there anyway as it's lying.
It only shows users who are online and have chosen to let other know they are. Cheesy

Edit: Sod it, I've gone on a new page Huh
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

I'm not talking about the title "Users Online", I'm talking about the "X Users, Y guests" link.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
Why have Users Online there anyway as it's lying
It only shows users who are online and have chosen to let other know they are. :D.

It is not lying, it is showing all users who want to be seen as online as determined by your user profile setting.
Also the new skin does not separate the users online section with others. If you look at http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/ which uses the same forum software, you will see users online is separated from other sections. Its just how Colin has decided to show it here.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you mean cover it up with a lump of grass  Huh
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I think the "plot" has been lost in the wishy washy way that this "presentation" of stats has been cobbled together.  
Why do page designers think they must try to emulate the property designers by using small letters, and wishy washy colours all crammed together, when there is whole page of EMPTY WHITE SPACE that is SHOUTING OUT saying LOOK AT ME     I AM EMPTY SPACE   THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM ON ME  
I mean, c`mon.... just look at it.....  Roll_eyes Huh Roll_eyes  
If the words Users Online is important enough to warrant the work involved in
1. making it clickable
2. making it change colour when the mouse passes over it
3. making it bold
4. making it "designer dark grey".
Why, oh WHY.... wasn`t it given the underline treatment along with making it BLACK. or GREEN,  or any "propere" colour.
If the words are superfluous, then why go to all the above
which applies to the "similar" repetition  below it, which is in small letters, because it is not important information...
Regardless of that lot........... the words are NOT underlined and no matter of "hmm it is in ff or ie7" won`t change that on my screen.
Cry
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

There has been some confusion about what clickable link people have been talking about... See my earlier post where I am not talking about he section title but something within it.
If you look at the usergroup forum you will see the Users Online is a section heading and thus not a clickable link. Colin has decided to not make it look like a separate section here.
shutter
Community Veteran

The original problem was that the words were not presented as a "clickable link" i.e. normal practice to "underline" clickable links.  When I made the original post, I was not aware that  by clicking on the underlined text would in fact reveal a list of users and there (indicated) on line status.
The answer given led me to the  words Users Online (in designer grey) and just out of curiosity I did click it. which revealed the list.
When I pointed out that it was not underlined, the general retort was, well it is on my screen....  Roll_eyes

Your remark below, has very little to do with the present page we have under discussion here. Huh
If you look at the usergroup forum you will see the Users Online is a section heading and thus not a clickable link. Colin has decided to not make it look like a separate section here.
unquote.
in the first line..... a red herring.....
in the second line............ why not.......... whatever happened to "consistency of design" from page to page,
or is this another "wishy washy designer experience" we are supposed to enjoy  Huh  Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: pierre_pierre
  did you mean cover it up with a lump of grass  Huh

I think it needs burying as it's getting very serious. Undecided
Fisticuffs at dawn anyone?Huh
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont like close contact, can I have pistols please
Strat
Community Veteran

It is under consideration.
shutter
Community Veteran

See you behind the bike shed after skool then  Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran

...only if you bring Gloria Cheesy
shutter
Community Veteran

Think it`s best to move back to "general chit chat"  ..... any  offers on which topic?..... of course.... must be chocolate. Roll_eyes Tongue Roll_eyes
Strat
Community Veteran

Good idea...before we get split by a Mod.