Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving e-mail notifications

RobDickson
Grafter

Not receiving e-mail notifications

This was a problem for me a few months ago:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,282.32.html
However, it is a problem again. I'm not sure whether it happened when the new Community site was rolled out, or just before, or just after.
Despite asking to receive notifications for certain topics, I do not receive any e-mails.
Under the "Notifications and Email" options in my profile, I have all four options ticked, and "Replies and moderation" selected. I have checked my e-mail address in "Account Related Settings", and it is entered correctly.
This problem was caused before by the database being corrupted. I wonder whether it's become corrupted again.
I'm sorry if this bug has already been mentioned, but I have looked through this board, and can't find it mentioned anywhere.
6 REPLIES 6
Colin
Grafter

Re: Not receiving e-mail notifications

It's currently only you reporting this, so I'm not sure what it is about your email that's not working.
I've asked the mail component on your account to refresh, as this is what was actioned by one of my colleagues before when you had this issue. If this has not cured it, I suggest you raise a ticket on your account and I'll get someone to look at the logs.
RobDickson
Grafter

Received two notifications today, so it looks like you've fixed it.
Thanks for your help.
Not applicable

Hmmm - I'll move it to resolved then, as it seems it might be a problem elsewhere in the system, rather than specifically with this site?
RobDickson
Grafter

It has been resolved, but I'm not convinced that the problem isn't with the community site.
The e-mail address that I use for the forum is forwarded to two e-mail accounts (one of which is a PlusNet e-mail account). When I have the problem of not receiving notifications, neither e-mail account receives the notifications. When the problem gets fixed, then both e-mail accounts receive the notifications. In my opinion, this means that the problem cannot be with my PlusNet e-mail account, so, therefore, must be with the Community Site.
As far as I'm aware, I haven't failed to receive any e-mails from anybody else.
Colin
Grafter

The only action I've taken is with regards to your PlusNet Mail Component - this doesn't touch anything on the Community Site end
RobDickson
Grafter

I'm sure I'm being stupid here, but that just makes no sense at all!
Anyway, it's working now, so I guess I'll just hope it stays that way.
Thanks for your help.