Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Site Feedback

FIXED
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: New Site Feedback

What do we click to go to the most recent unread message in a thread?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

This and/or this should help you with that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

You can click the numeric value in the 'New' column under 'Unread topics', or you can try enabling this option in your settings:

jump to first unread.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Andrue
Pro

Ah! Yes, Bob's solution is what I'm looking for. Unread topics seems to cover every section of the forum which is more than I care about Smiley

David_W
Rising Star

The ability to pin a post to the stop, i.e. make your own sticky (for yourself), that is actually pretty nice and I assume will be very useful for those posts you just don't want to lose track of (without adding the thread to your favourite)

/edit - Okay, you can also float a specific Board, that's pretty nice for General Chat Addicts Shocked

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@PlusnetLiam wrote:

Hey Maurice

3 - all library articles should've been migrated and were definitely there when we tested yesterday! 

I still only see 10 items in the Library - most of them quite old?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There's 7 pages worth there Maurice Wink Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a "Next".

I did moan about the migration going to be using the Latest articles in the RH column, because as you can see they aren't actually the latest, they appear to be because they were edited - presumably to get rid of some bugs before migration. They should have used a "Most Read Articles" template but used the same one as made for the Blogs - not that any of the latest Blog articles are of any real interest, having "Most Read" might have proved interesting Crazy

It is on the list to be sorted.
We could do with a pager bar at the top of each page as well. You could try a Search on the Library if you are looking for a specific article.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Thanks for 'Tip'  I was only trawling to check out some of the new / revised pages.

What an appalling User Interface to the Library it's far worse than the original (unfinished) component on the old site.

I hadn't tried scrolling to the bottom of the long page - as you suggest there needs to be a paging bar at the top of the page.

This component of the Forum needs a lot of work to make it User friendly - and usable. Roll_eyes  But at a lower priority than most of the other 'bugs' found so far.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Very true and I said similar things, and as you say it is also not exactly high on the Priority list, but it gives a very poor impression of things and the Library.

southerner
Aspiring Pro

I wonder if there are any browser extensions out there that take 'responsive' sites and make them more desktop friendly? I could use it for quite a few websites as well as this one.

I've largely given up here. Takes far to long to scan for and read any new content.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes it was easy to scan new stuff on the old site but here the result is spread out page after page.

Far too time consuming for me.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@billnotben wrote:

Yes it was easy to scan new stuff on the old site but here the result is spread out page after page.

Far too time consuming for me.

I initially felt the same way, but after a day or so 'playing' I discovered ways to achieve the same results as on the old SMF forum in about the same number of keystrokes.

The frustrating bit is that most of the new features which will (optimism creeping in Smiley) help, such as Notifications; Unread Topics etc are currently inconsistent.

I recommend a bit of perseverance - it will pay off.

Maurice

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@David_W wrote:
#2 the images that are missing, make the place look terrible, any chance of setting them all to a default image?--8<--SNIP--8<--
It looks like #2, the images, are to do with a certificate issue on the hosting platform.  They appear to be heading towards https://.......Lithium.com/legacyfs/online/avatars/avatar_number.png but as there is a problem with the certificate, all the browsers reject displaying the image.

This should be sorted now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HairyMcbiker
All Star

So what time zone is the server in?
I just got an email saying I had "fixed it"
with the date stamp of:
Date: 12-04-2016 5:31 PM

So Yesterday evening?
Anotherone
Champion

That sounds like the issue with the Lithium servers and delayed email that's been covered in a couiple of other threads.