Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Notifications Bug? Or by design?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

New Notifications Bug? Or by design?

One thing I've noticed about Notifications when I click on my name, is (say for example I got 5-6 new ones today) which I haven't looked they have a 'New' tag beside them. That's fine and correct in my opinion.

However if I click on one of the new items and read a post. For example someone has replied to a thread I have posted onto - then if I go back to the notifications the new tag disappears from all of the items, where I would have expected it to only have disappeared from the one I have looked at and remained on the others - obviously so I know which ones I still haven't looked at.

Bit like e-mail and unread items etc.

Don't know if it something that can be changed from a setting or a small bug. It's nothing major of course.

3 REPLIES 3
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: New Notifications Bug? Or by design?

Hi @Alex,

The notifications clear as soon as you land on the page. To counter act this behaviour, there is a 'visited' colour applied to the links - dark text links indicate that you have visited the link. Unfortunately this is the way that it works and I am unable to change it. Myself and other communities have suggested that the notifications should be a 'visit link for notification to clear' and 'press a button to dismiss all other notifications' kind of thing. I'd much prefer that notifications aren't cleared upon visiting the notification page but that's just how it works currently.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I enquired about this @Alex as I had some difficulty distinguishing between read and unread notifications.

I replaced my monitor which has helped but naturally I wouldn't suggest this as a cure for everyone Wink

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks @jaread83

Would just be a nice to have kind of feature - just add it to Lithium's "Nice to Have enchancement list" I suppose. Smiley