cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members registered numbers not incrementing correctly.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Chris
The problems in the thread chilly linked to are caused because the customer have already signed up for the site and are trying to reregister, it may be they did it during beta and forgot.
but the stats page at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=stats is saying only one new member today

I had a quick word with Colin on this and he thinks it's caused by the new registration process

Appreciate the reply Chris Smiley
however I don't understand (sorry). The stats page at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=stats says (at the top) that this Community Site has 2299 members.
However, at the bottom of that page, "Forum History" shows New Members (in this site's entire history) as:
Apr 2007 ........... 280
May 2007 ........... 38
Jun 2007 ........... 386
Jul 2007 ........... 321
Aug 2007 ........... 0
By no stretch of the imagination do those figures add up to 2299.
Is the figure at the top inaccurate (due to people signing up during beta and then re-registering) - assume not, given that trying to re-register caused the problems.
Or are the monthly figures failing to accurately represent the number of registrations?  In which case I don't understand why this thread has been moved to "resolved bugs".
If I'm being particularly dense, my apologies  Embarrassed wd be appreciated if someone could explain Smiley
Thanks,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
17 REPLIES 17
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: James_H
Presumably accounts activated/registered via the portal are not being counted.
Kentish is the newest user, having joined today, yet registrations for August are still static at 0.
Its the only explanation I can think of I'm afraid.

Sorry James I wasn't expecting you to offer an explanation (had assumed that PN would clarify as it's them that build the boards here).
However as you point out, "kentish is the newest user" - and the stats page has logged him/her, for it now says 2300 instead of 2299 as when I posted.
So if it's capable of adding new members to the top figure, why isn't it capable of adding those people to the daily/monthly figures at the bottom?
I think something is broken, actually.
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: James_H
Moved back to BUG's the  Wink

Cheers James Smiley 
Colin
Grafter

Please split that off as a seperate issue - it's not related to Registrations not working.
Colin
Grafter

Re: Members registered numbers not incrementing correctly.

No, tried that Smiley
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Penny
So if it's capable of adding new members to the top figure, why isn't it capable of adding those people to the daily/monthly figures at the bottom?
I think something is broken, actually.

Quote from: Colin
Please split that off as a seperate issue - it's not related to Registrations not working.

... this is still "broken" - total members are now showing on the stats page as 4653 - and iirc there have been 3500 or so members added since about 30th July - yet August daily "new members" are still unremittingly zero.
Any chance of this being fixed soon-ish, Colin?
Colin
Grafter

It's not currently a high priority as there are some other tasks that need to be completed as part of other things within the business.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Colin

It's not currently a high priority as there are some other tasks that need to be completed as part of other things within the business.

Noted that we have "1 new member" added today [so thanks for whatever you're doing in this regard, Colin Smiley ]
stats page now says there are 5347 members.
April 2007 -      280
May 2007 -        38
June 2007 -      386
July 2007 -      321
August 2007 -      1
(total 1026)
so the total of new members that didn't get logged on the daily stats during the 4-week launch phase was 5347 minus 1026
ie ..... 4 3 2 1
... seemingly an appropriate figure for a launch  Cheesy
Assume these people will not become incorporated in the (historical) daily new-member records - is the logging now fixed on an ongoing/future basis?
Regards,
Penny.
James
Grafter

Hi Penny,
When we integrated registration into workplace, it broke the stats a little.  I'm sure Colin is aware, but I'll have a word with him anyway, when he comes back from yet another holiday!
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: James
When we integrated registration into workplace, it broke the stats a little.  I'm sure Colin is aware, but I'll have a word with him anyway, when he comes back from yet another holiday!

Thanks James ... how very odd (had figured Colin was currently working on this, if a "new member" has now made it onto the daily stats).  Clearly an "anomaly" of some kind, then (or maybe the stats aren't quite as broken as thought, if they have registered *someone* on the daily records today).
... on holiday *again*?  Shocked
(only joking, Colin)
It entirely eludes me how so many people manage to make time for regular holidays, there's a moral there somewhere 😕
Regards,
Penny.
Colin
Grafter

I registered someone manually though the admin panel this morning for a member of staff hence why there's one showing.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why don't you just remove the column New Members from the stats page?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Colin
Grafter

We may do... I'll flag it to Tam who was thinking about hte page.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I see the New members column is still there and still showing rubbish information - did this one get overlooked?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

That has been broken for a while.  It's to do with the way Col has integrated SMF and Wordpress.  He has a hack idea to fix it though.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager