cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

FIXED
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Cookies on the Plusnet Website

At the bottom of the page are the Cookies but nothing works and you cannot close them

Cookies on the Plusnet website

We use cookies from Plusnet and our partners so that you get the best experience on our website. They’ll remember your settings, improve social media features and make sure you get personalised offers.

By clicking ‘I Accept’ you accept all cookies, or you can choose which ones you’re happy for us to use. You can change these at any time.

Change your cookie settings

Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer when you visit some websites. To find out more about the cookies we use, view our cookie policy.

We use them to make our website easier to use. You can remove any cookies already saved on your computer, but this might mean some features won't work as well.

Here's the types of cookies we save. You also can change your settings below:

Essential (They're always needed)

These types of cookies:

• Help the website display and work correctly
  • Remember what’s in your shopping basket
  • Allow login on the site

Functional

These types of cookies:

• Enable live chat support
  • Remember decisions you made on the site so you don't need to make them again
  • Make your experience on the site more efficient

Personal

These types of cookies:

• Allow you to share on social media
  • Let you comment on blogs
  • To tailor the advertising you see when you visit other websites

Cookies settings successfully updated

You can change these settings at any time on our Cookie policy page. These settings apply to new cookies. If you'd like to remove existing cookies, this can be done in your browser settings.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Cookies on the Plusnet Website

Moderators Note

Threads on same topic merged. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mort7890
Pro

I did try a search for Cookies on the Plusnet Website but it seems not to work that is why I started a new topic.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@jaread83 @Gandalf For those looking in to the fix for this, this will be a good time to fix this issue too.

samesite.png

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well I use a Mac Mini on Safari and I am happy to test, if I can.

I've not noticed any problems, but those silly cookie disclaimers do my head in. So I ignore them as much as possible.

mort7890
Pro

Re: Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

Hi @jaread83 

Will they fix this at the same time as I mentioned it around a year ago, I have updated every month since but still reports the same

You've not updated your communication preferences for 6 months

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Lithium ... Kronhous or wherever they are called this week ... broke the forum AGAIN!

@mort, that is a seperate issues.

As for the cookie banner issue, I have put a fix in to the next release (next week or so). The problem occured because its trying to find a relative path to the cookie banner css (which doesnt exist within community.plus.net) so an absolute path to the files were added.

In the meantime, you can get rid of the banner by visiting the normal plus.net site and adjusting the cookie preferences that way. This should at least stop the banner from trying to render here.

I will update here after release.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

mort7890
Pro

@jaread83  Another issue is the Christmas Competition 2019 which according to my account is still open awaiting support team response

mort7890
Pro

@jaread83 Might as well fix all at the same time

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@jaread83 

This issue now seems to be fixed (already) thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@mort7890 wrote:

@jaread83  Another issue is the Christmas Competition 2019 which according to my account is still open awaiting support team response

This would be an entirely different issue, it'd be an open ticket that was generated on the back of a competition being submitted via your account and that ticket was just never closed. If you can drop me a PM next Wednesday when I'm back on shift I'll be happy to close this for you. Smiley It wouldn't affect anything if we were to leave it open or close though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Fix
It looks like my fix has been released. There seems to still be an issue with the font so I will need to take a look into that separately. I know whats going on with that and I have a fix in mind.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.