Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency in Forum View post count -v- Unread Posts

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Inconsistency in Forum View post count -v- Unread Posts

I received an email not long ago about this. This bug has been passed up to level 3 engineers now and it will be fixed as part of Lithium product development workflow. Basically, this isn't something support staff are able to fix and is now considered a bug in the platform itself. I will not receive any regular updates until this has been identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Thanks for that info, Jack.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is there some tidy up process running around this space? In the early hours of this morning I had 6 unread non-existent posts on the broadband board. As of a few minutes ago there were only 2.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be spam @Townman, I've spotted and reported some already.

jab1
Legend

@jaread83 -this has still not been solved? I've been seeing 1 unread in Tech help and 3 in General Discussion all morning - and the usual 'no posts to display, message.

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No updates yet I'm afraid. The support case has been listed as 'bug identified' on the Lithium case portal.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So just two minutes ago after I replied I got an email about this issue. An internal bug has been identified in relation to another issue I have raised. I will be updated once they have narrowed it down and can provide a fix.

jab1
Legend

@jaread83 - thanks - but I won't hold my breath.Wink

John
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Understandable @jab1 Thumbs_Up

I promise that I will update here as soon as I hear of any positive outcomes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that mean you'll be keeping the negative ones to yourself @jaread83 Wink

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

may be unrelated but I received a notification that @jaread83 mentioned me in a post (the one about ranking system) but it took several refreshes before it showed up in the unread topics list even though it was showing as a new post in the main listing

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A possible new twist I've possibly spotted this morning:

Saw there were some posts in the Fibre board so investigated, read the posts, replied to the last one, clicked on the bottom nav bar to return to Forum level to seek further adventure.

Back at Forum observe 1 new unread in the Fibre board, so believing there was a reply to my earlier reply I went to the Fibre board.  The only 'unread' post was my earlier reply with a blue border?

Back to Forum. Unread count of 1. Click on unread posts - suprise "No posts found"

Back to Forum. Still 1 unread!

When I posted my reply in the Fibre board I didn't click on the "Go to my post" button - I see no point in it. I have noticed (and reported back in the early days of this Forum) that not clicking this button sometimes affected the "Go to last post read" operation.

A tenuous link and possibly hard to recreate if it's timing related, but added just in case there is a new clue?

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

When you replied to that topic, did it return you to the post you were replying to and your post was on a seperate page? That may be why it would show up as unread.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

No @jaread83 it was just a normal post below the one I replied to.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Just encountered an odd variation on this issue which may help to understand what's going on...

On the EVERYTHING ELSE board I see a report of 5 unread items.  Clicking the unread items link displays one item ... Which is not clickable.

image.png