Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency in Forum View post count -v- Unread Posts

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Inconsistency in Forum View post count -v- Unread Posts

Well I had a mystery "unread" post on the Community Site Feedback board last night which I'm trying to find out about. It's gone now.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I wonder if these "unread" posts are ones that have been quarantined by the spam filter? I know that setting "mark all as read" in board options clears it.

David
Anotherone
Champion

I have already asked the question David, and when I last tried the Mark all read it didn't clear one, but this time I didn't use it as I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed an unread one.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've now got into the bad habit of 'Mark all as read' on most boards after I've read the few I elect to read.  A side effect seems that some Topics that I KNOW that I've not read previously get the 'first unread post' blue box marker on the last post!  Things are just so inconsistent.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Similar problem today.   The Plusnet Feedback entry on the Forum page has shown an Unread Post count of 6 for the last hour or so.  Visited the board, nothing showing as unread;  Checked Unread Topics and Unread Posts - nothing showing for that board; cleared the cache FF45.0.2.   Still showing an unread count of 6.

Revisit the board and marked all as read - count on Forum page now zero.

Something similar happened yesterday but with no interaction on that board from me, the count went back to zero during the afternoon.   Very wierd?

There is obviously a problem be it code or user error.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Something is now well ary!  At the time of posting this, the PlusNET feedback summary board reports 15 unread posts, but on opening the board, there are none which I can see.

I guess the spam filter is working overtime?

MauriceC
Resting Legend

It's all part of the enjoyment of using this state of the art software from the World's leading supplier.  Bangs head on wall - again!  Ticked_off

Lithium may well sell many copies of this @@@@@@  but show little responsiveness in fixing its performance.  Getting

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Not paid too much attention to this before now.

When we first migrated across I'm fairly certain I marked all posts as read to give me a clean slate. If I visit 'Unread posts' now, there's nothing there.

Looking at the board summary though, there are apparently hundreds of 'New' posts, and sure enough if I drill into one of those boards, there are loads of 'bold' threads that I haven't read yet Huh

board-summary.JPG

I'm going to manually mark each board as read so it's reflected at the top level and keep an eye on things over the coming days.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@bobpullen,

Given you have oodles of privilege you might not see what we do.  Unread count on the board summary and no bold topics in the board content list.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

OK fess-up @bobpullen what bit of magic did you do this time? Knuppel

Since my earlier post about 15 unread posts which are not visible to me, they've all gone, so if anyone can find out what was changed on that board post 12:40 it might point to answers...

...now there is one post on here I cannot see! Ticked_off

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Townman wrote:

OK fess-up @bobpullen what bit of magic did you do this time? Knuppel

Wasn't me guv! Police

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@Townman wrote:

Since my earlier post about 15 unread posts which are not visible to me, they've all gone, ....>snip

This is part of my input in Message #35.   Nice to see it wasn't just me  Thumbs_Up

Anotherone
Champion

Until earlier this evening as I hadn't been on since yesterday afternoon I had a number of unread posts on Community Feedback. I'd read some of them then read this thread (using My Notifications). I went and opened the forum page and the count was more than anticipated, so I looked at the board for threads with unread posts - yes there were some. So I discovered one thread I'd looked at but there were some posts I hadn't read - ah they were on a different page! So having read everything that was showing in bold, I refreshed the Forum page and now I have 1 unread post that I can't find!!

Anotherone
Champion

Today after reading everything on the Plusnet Feedback board, I have 3 Unread posts I cannot find/account for Huh

Anotherone
Champion

And today, it's just 1 on each of the feedback boards. Go figure Roll_eyes

2130 this evening, noticed it was back to 3 on Plusnet Feedback and still is.