Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not here

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm not here

Any ideas why I'm logged in (and posting, obviously) but I don't currently appear in 'Who's Online' or the 'pile of avatars' at the bottom of the Community Homepage (at least I can't see me, I don't know if others can)?

I don't recall changing any settings regarding visibility online and I can confirm that 'Show online status' is set to All here.

I did get a couple of 'Authentication mismatch' warnings earlier when thanking a post - could this be related?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
11 REPLIES 11
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: I'm not here

Looked at your profile and it says you are offline. You are also not appearing in the online users list like you mentioned. Just checked your settings, all looks fine.

Can you try signing out and back in again?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the appearance of avatars on that page has and does seem unreliable !.  Roll_eyes

I hadn't reported this problem, because I keep being told that all my issues with this forum must be some unique fault on my multiple machines or router, and the staff aren't taking fault reports seriously - or at least not providing timely fixes.

Crazy

w23
Pro

@jaread83, I'll log out and in but as you can see, I'm able to post OK, thank posts etc. which I couldn't do if really offline.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
w23
Pro

Appears to have worked.

Call me 'w23'
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just taken another look at this, and something has changed !

Until today, if you set your own profile to being 'hidden', you could still see your own avatar in the list of online users, but at the same time other forum users were unable to see your avatar in the list, or whether you were online by viewing your profile to see when you last visited.

Today, I am currently set to 'hidden', and my avatar is not being displayed.

Something about the forum summary page is different,  what got changed ?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@w23 @jaread83 I've noticed that if I log in on either the Community Home page or the Forum page, my Avatar is not showing. A page refresh resolves that. This behaviour I find strange as clearly the page is being re-loaded as a result of logging in. There is clearly some sort of timing issue here, and of course such issues are abundant with a number of other problems around the forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Page refresh doesn't work for me. Roll_eyes

I dare not try logging out and back in again, as it often takes three or four attempts before my password is accepted, and it feels like luck that I manage to get back in.  Embarrassed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't changed my settings, or logged out, etc, since my previous post,  but my avatar has just reappeared, after being missing for nearly a day !.  Weird Crazy

Anotherone
Champion

Even weirder

Home_-_Plusnet_Community_-_2016-06-19_01.09.24.png

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Did you refresh and then it started working again @Anotherone?

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion

No I didn't bother refreshing. Here's another one, ha, a pun in every line

Home_-_Plusnet_Community_-_2016-06-22_14.00.58.png

I had just logged out Crazy3 They are both from Staging Jack, not that things are any different between here and there as far as this goes, but these serve to illustrate how borked it all is.

Of course a refresh resolves it BUT the damn page has only just loaded as a result of logging out (or in - where that's the case) so a 2nd reload/refresh should not be needed Crazy3