Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to obtain "Forgotten password" every time to log in

FIXED
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Having to obtain "Forgotten password" every time to log in

Every time I wish to log in using my name  'LifeonMars' I have to change my password by using the forgotten password link.

Could someone look into the reason please.

Yesterday and a few days ago the community forum stated that my name 'LifeonMars' did not exist?

I had to create a new user name of 'confused2' to gain access.

4 REPLIES 4
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Having to obtain "Forgotten password" every time to log in

This happened to another user a couple of weeks ago. I think its a combination of migrated users from the old platform that have not since returned and verified their email and a new user has joined using the same name as one of those migrated accounts that have not been activated. Luckily, the last user who reported this owned both the migrated account and the new one with the same account names so it was a simple to change the name. Looking at the other 'LifeOnMars' account (you can search users in the main search at the top of the community) it looks like a very old account that hasn't posted in over 3 years.

Now, the solution to this would be to rename one of these accounts. I am sorry that this crossing of wires has happened to you but I can rename your account (or the other one if I speak to the mods about the best course of action) and then this should fix the issue. Let me know if you would like to choose a different username or would prefer to keep this one and I will speak to the mods about getting this sorted out for you.

Further to this, I am going to raise a support ticket with the software vendors (lithium) and see if we can prevent this from happening in the future.

EDIT: Just raised this with the mods for discussion as I am not sure if I should be changing the name of an older account or not.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @LifeonMars, I have spoken with mods and we have decided to change the old account username.

I have also raised a support ticket with our software vendors so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

You should be able to login with absolutely no issues from this point on.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. I am confident that this has been sorted out for you now.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Happy to keep my user name LifeonMars

Thanks for trying the fix.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You're most welcome Smiley Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are having trouble logging in again. I can't help with any connection/customer queries but I can sort website issues here on the community if anyone has problems.

Cheers