Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum notifications

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Forum notifications

I have returned today to a mailbox full of forum notifications, mostly all from the same thread or two. Other forums I frequent (and i'm sure the old forum) have a system whereby you only receive one notification for all replies to a topic until you next log in. So instead of a mailbox of 10 emails to delete, all titled "Freddie Starr ate my hamster", I would only have the one. Any chance something similar can be implemented on this bespoke system as I don't want to go down the daily digest route? 

Ta

2 REPLIES 2
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Forum notifications

Hi Marksfish,
I am afraid that I am not able to do that with this software unfortunately. The only options available are the daily digests, immediate notification or turn them off. If this was possible to do, I would definately implement it but that would be down to the software vendors. I could submit this idea to them and get a vote from other forums using this software - i am pretty sure its something that everyone would want as noone wants to get flooded by emails.
I personally have all community emails filtered into a new folder in my email.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Forum notifications

Sounds like a plan Thumbs_Up

All my email comes via Mailwasher (except on my phone) and as I still use POP3, it stays on the server until I delete it at home. It's just that sometimes the mail notifications are going off every few minutes, each time someone replies. Not a problem on a thread that isn't answered much, but the popular ones Wink

Thanks

Mark