FIXED
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Forum Ban

Fix

Hi Khaled,

No problem and I understand from your perspective. Looking into it further, it seems that the ban on that particular account was set to match any of the criteria of username, IP or email address used. This is to stop banned accounts from just creating a new one and returning. It would seem that the IP was blocked in this case.

I have gone ahead and amended the ban record in the system and you should be able to browse the community from your 4G connection from now on. If this is stll giving you problems, I will take some further action to remove that IP ban entirely as it looks like a bit of a mixup with the IP address.

I am sorry that this happened but I am glad that you have brought this to my attention. I will talk to our moderators about the banning process for the future to ensure that this doesn't happen again. As I said, let me know if this isn't working still and I will sort it out for you with further action.

Thanks,

Jack

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

And I apologise if my previous post sounded like I was making an assumption about you, this was not my intention and was referring to the account that was banned (not you). I hope you are able to access the forums now from your phone?
Once again, apologies for the mixup on this.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

khaled35
Rising Star

@jaread83 I appreciate you taking the time to look into this and ultimately for exonerating me.  I can confirm that I am now able to browse this forum via the 4G connection.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You're most welcome @khaled35 and I am glad that I could get this fixed for you Smiley
Let me know if you have any issues at all with anything related to the forums. I am more than happy to help.
Cheers,
Jack