Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback tab

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Feedback tab

Please can it be removed from my account? Or is it another bug which won't be fixed within my life expectancy?
49 REPLIES 49
Alex
Community Veteran

Remove the feedback tab

Sadly someone at either PlusNet or Lithium (or both) suffer the necessary brain damage to consider this a good thing to keep being nagged.

It isn't so please remove it, I will leave my feedback right now. One day PlusNet may move back to decent forum software again, but I won't hold my breath.

I use the feedback tab now to say please remove the feedback tab. 😞
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Re: Remove the feedback tab

Already discussed here @Alex , with at least a couple of solutions to avoid it appearing, which can probably be adapted to your situation.  Wink

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @RobPN 

Forgot about that thread, and that I had already replied on there. Oops 😐

Still, nothing has happened. Even now. It had the nerve to crop up on my iPhone too.

Apart from the bug of it being there in the first place, also as I test I did a test feedback report yesterday saying "remove the tab". So it still appears (on your account) even after you have left feedback.

Can't someone at PlusNet or either Lithium comment out one line of code on the server?

In case anyone doesn't know what I mean the function call that generates that [-Censored-]ing tab?

Or even make it a bit more clever and to recognise accounts which have left feedback and not generate it for them anymore (i.e. mine).

Alex
Community Veteran

It gets even better!

Now when I log in, I get this. I had to use another website today, at least it had the decency of when it used the right hand side 'Feedback' tab it had the decency to disappear when you ignored it.
Alex
Community Veteran

Would attach the image, I'll do that when I get home.

Sadly, Lithtium can code a nagging feedback message, not how to upload photos on a mobile device.
Alex
Community Veteran

Well it seems it is 'powered by Medallia'. Sadly it is powered rather too well by Medallia.

So it appears one of the following teams either feel asleep or took some very long lunches down the pub when they were supposed to do some QA testing on the Feedback tab:

1. PlusNet.
  2. Medallia.
  3. Lithium.

Which one is it (or maybe all?).

I can't remember the site I used yesterday when it actually disappeared once you ignored it for say 10 seconds. As a developer myself two obvious enhancements:

1. It should stop appearing, once a user has left some feedback. Surely it can't be too hard to have a flag in the database such as 'LeftFeedback' for people that have done so. Mine would be 1 now so leave it from my account.
  2. There should be a setting on your user profile to disable it. I haven't bothered checking, but knowing Lithium it would be too much common sense to offer such an option.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Alex wrote:

Well it seems it is 'powered by Medallia'. Sadly it is powered rather too well by Medallia.

(My bold)

That's already been pointed out @Alex , so it appears you didn't read the post here properly.  Huh

And it seems quite simple to block it ...  Huh

Alex
Community Veteran

Fair enough @RobPN 

I didn't read that thread through properly, as you've noticed.

I don't really want to install client apps on my desktop Mac (and PC), and my iPhone too to block something a web developer has the inability to code correctly at PlusNet. Do apps actually exist for this on all three devices anyway?

What if a site (which actually behaves itself) uses it properly? Can't remember the site now, I'll get told off by the PC Brigade for advertising should I remember it.

Doesn't the Medallia API have a timeout value somewhere, if so can the developers not put one in? Sounds like the default value is '0', so infinite then. Which is what we have.

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi all,

Sometime ago there was a  thread of how to block the covid banner and the plus net survey popup by putting  scrips 

in AdBlock filters, I have searched the forum  but cannot find it , appreciate any help

Thanks

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The same people must be involved with the "insistent" Hermes feedback popup.

What is it with these dopes. What sane company sets out to annoy and pester its customers.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

For what it's worth I'm using Safari v14.0.2 with the Ad Block Pro plugin on macOS Big Sur v11.1 with no feedback tab. But I'm also using only Essential cookies with Functional and Personal both off. Functional was needed for Live Chat but now its offline you only need Essential.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Hmmm, it gets worse.

Just perusing the forum and the Hi there, do you have a moment to tell us your thoughts? pop up appeared in the middle of the screen without the mouse pointer going anywhere near the tab.  🤔  😠

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@198kHz Very strange. On my two laptops, both using Firefox uBlock Origin, I never even see the tab.Certainly haven't seen a pop-up (yet).

I'll have a look at the iPad later, which doesn't have uBlock, but does have third-party cookies blocked &c.

EDIT: Just checked, and I do get that 'Feedback' tab on the iPad, with the FF settings identical to the laptops, so it must be uBlock that has kindly zapped it.

John
Alex
Community Veteran

Can the tab not be programmed so that once you have left feedback, the tab stops appearing?
I left some more dummy feedback with 'remove the feedback tab' and it is still here.

You'd think Medailla would have thought of removing the tab once a user had left feedback (hint hint).
Why wasn't that implemented? Does anyone actually test these forums? (apart from us?).