Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Feature Request

@JonoH - Would it be possible to ask those that know if it is possible to have added or enabled an 'Ignore Thread' option?

The plethora of threads on the lack of Plusnet email is a prime example, once you've read the initial post the ability to mark the thread as ignored would be great as one doesn't then have to wade though piles of other pointless posts that add nothing to the conversation.

7 REPLIES 7
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Feature Request

Absolutely, in the meantime, if you just unsubscribe to the thread that should do the trick Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Mook 

Perhaps you already know, but in that vein it's also easy to set as your profile default 'do not subscribe to threads I reply to automatically' (or something like that), and if you wish to subscribe then do so from the 'Thread options' drop-down.

From the same drop-down you can 'Mark Topic as Read'.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@JonoH, @RobPN - The subscription approach doesn't work for me. My 'home page' for this site is this:

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message:full

Hence the request above and because I use this approach I never really need to subscribe to any threads as I get a view on everything posted. If I want to reply to one of the post I open it in a new tab and reply from there.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@JonoH wrote:

Absolutely

Seeing as you're in a helpful mood, could we also have a button to ignore a user completely? - EG their topics / replies are filtered out. Many other forums offer this and it would solve a LOT of problems in General Chat if users can put others on ignore.

If you can't read someone attacking you, you're not going to reply and cause worsening tension.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@7up wrote:

If you can't read someone attacking you, you're not going to reply and cause worsening tension

Oh come now, it's really ever so easy to ignore some people's contributions - I've been doing it for years.  😃

Difficult in a real life social situation, granted, but on a forum? With a bit more practice you can do it.  😎

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Well we all know it's not that easy though. There's been several instances proving it.

I'd prefer just to click n forget.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

It's not possible to be able to filter out users posts by blocking them, I believe the 'ignore' button on a users profile only applies to private messaging. Most unfortunate.

But there may be a way if i do a bit of tinkering with a custom module but I can't promise anything on that.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.