Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Far too many emails for followed topics

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Far too many emails for followed topics

My inbox was stuffed with emails for one topic today. Cannot our hosts be sensible like those for most other forums and just send one until we visit the site next?

Utterly inefficient now!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
5 REPLIES 5
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Far too many emails for followed topics

First thing I did on this new forum was turn off email notification.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

We also noticed this and asked about having an email be sent after the first reply and none after that until viewing the thread via the link in the email. At the moment, the system does not support this so you will receive an email after every reply to a thread you are subscribed to.

Personally, I filter all the emails into a seperate folder. I find the notification system does a good job of letting me know about activity on threads I am subscribed to rather than relying on receiving an email.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I did exactly the same ,, after finding my inbox Full Angry and then had to dig around to find where you turn it off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@Luzern, you can change your email settings on this page:

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jaread83 wrote:
We also noticed this and asked about having an email be sent after the first reply and none after that until viewing the thread via the link in the email.

Jack, if that is the request you have put to Lithium, will you please amend it! It should not matter which LINK a user uses to read the thread, whether it be eg. Unread Posts or the Notification list etc. Indeed this should be all part and parcel of the proper integration of the "Notifications" into the overall software. There have been many comments about this in a number posts, one from me, see also this thread. Also see this post et seq and those are just a few! We made most of these comments during testing and the fact that this issue does not appear to have been properly addressed yet is appalling Ticked_off

@MauriceC wrote:
The Notification system will be a useful feature once they finish it!