Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Icons

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Disappearing Icons

Strange one this, been getting it for several weeks on the Forums, not noticed anything elsewhere  -
When refreshing forum pages (but not the Forum Index page) eg. the Broadband and Routers page (or even loading it), some of the icons go missing -
The Hot/VeryHot topic icons - not all of them, seems to be random but never the Normal Topic Icon (that I've spotted).
The New post Icon - to be replaced by the word 'New' and they all do disappear at once.
The Last Post Icon - to be replaced by the words 'Last post' and all do disappear at once.
Not all of the above together or at every refresh.
I only seem to be getting this with Firefox on 3 different versions (10.0.2; 11.0; & 12.0) on 2 different machines.
I've not been able to reproduce it in IE(8).  Error rates on my line are insignificant.
Has anyone else seem a similar problem - I'm starting to think it's related to as issue with the Firefox cache (rather than the forum), as having just cleared the cache, I can't reproduce it at the moment. Ah, after going to a couple of pages now did reproduce it.
Something else has just drawn my attention to a possible issue between the Firefox Cache and AVG (free).
Anyone had anything similar, any thoughts anyone,  if we can eliminate the forum this may be a better topic for discussion on the Windows Software board.
Regards.
4 REPLIES 4
Anotherone
Champion

Re: Disappearing Icons

I'm seeing similar things on the PM's page. All the Email icons disappear, they come back and on another refresh the Personal message icons disappear, both are replaced by the name of the icon in words.
Anotherone
Champion

The other thing that happens which I forgot to mention is that on the Forum - Index page, sometimes the colour disappears from the main title bars - General, Help and Support, Plusnet Trials, & etc.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I think something is causing the server to stall with sending pages/icons.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion

Do you think this may be related to This forum is grinding to a halt ?