Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty replying to a PM

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Difficulty replying to a PM

Replying to a PM this morning, got the response below on three occasions over a 15 minute period.

AAAargh!    Wont complete the upload of the screenshot !!!!!!!!!!!

Message was "Unable to complete the action........"

Succeeded on fourth attempt (30 mins)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

15 REPLIES 15
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Difficulty replying to a PM

Do you know what time that was? Some fixes were pushed earlier which tends to slow things down briefly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I had pushed changes up around 9:15 then also a hotfix at around 10:30 so that is why you would have had the breif slow down.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Check the time of the post?   The incoming PM was timed at 12:22, so my first attempt at a reply would have been around 12:35.  The fourth (and successful) post is timed at 12:54.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay. And is it still slow? When a push to live from staging occurs your browser will need to reacquire some assets which causes a temporary slow down. I am not entirely sure how this works but I imagine some components within the PM side of things are not served till you hit that page (that's how I would do it anyway).

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

It's not slow Jack?  Each time I attempted to post I got the message "Unable to complete the action........"

I did take a screenshot, but currently (as in message #1) the system does not Upload the file so that I can incorporate in a Post!!!!

Now very "Ticked off" with this sadly deficient new Forum software.  Ticked_off

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am sorry that this is affecting you and other users. Let's see if we can get something done about it.

@LouisaMartin, can we raise a support ticket for this please? It seems that I am seeing reported issues in the following:

1. uploading images to PMs and thread replies

2. getting the error 'unable to complete action' when using the text editor

Not sure why these things would happen but I'd like to know what is going on and if they can be resolved asap.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have sent you a PM @MauriceC with an image attachment and also was able to use the preview button. It seems to work fine for me on FF V46.

Also, it isn't slow for me.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

jaread83 wrote:

1. uploading images to PMs

I t isn't just PM's being affected by the upload problem at present.  I have successfully uploaded screenshots in previous posts when reporting errors.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have updated my reply to include thread replies.

Are you able to upload the screenshot you were attempting to attach in your OP or is it still failing?

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Now appears to be working? 

Plusnet bug-web.jpg

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay so that is an existing image from your albums. Can you try uploading a new screenshot or image? Just to test.

I am wondering if the problem is intermittent or is always happening..

MauriceC
Resting Legend

OK.   This should be a random image off my PC.

Winter.jpg

Worked fine this time.  Cantankerous things computers!   40+ years in the game and still learning patience.

M

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Seems to be a bit intermittent and I think it boils down to these authenication issues that have been rearing its ugly head randomly.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just to advise that I posted a PM early yesterday evening containing an image with no issues Lips_are_sealed