Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community blogs

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Community blogs

Hi all,
I've been taking a look at the blogs we've posted and wanted your thoughts on the topics and content you'd like to see more of.
So suggestions please.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Community blogs

Sorry can't help - I never read them  Embarrassed
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

What content would make you want to read them?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having looked at the last couple of months I am going to be really unhelpful - non of the above as they seem to be either Plusnet puffs or things I am either totally uninterested in or where I would get a much more in depth report on the regular news websites
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Less 1D for a start Wink Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I guess the limited response to this topic could be significant. Undecided
The Community home page is not one I visit frequently, perhaps two or three times a month. When I do visit I generally read some of the articles, not targeted to specific subjects.
Industry news is of interest but I feel sources elsewhere will provide better coverage. Articles on traffic levels associated with special events generally attract comment from the news media, not many ISPs tend to present such information.
David
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I rarely visit the Home page these days as little of interest seems to change.
Technical notes on Plusnet changes or proposed changes used to be regular and interesting.
So did the infrequent "Road map" of Plusnet services.
ISP news on common 'challenges' e.g.  Net Nannying;  Adult content filtering.
Whilst you're 'poking about'  the Blog archives displayed could be trimmed (including redundant Categories like EOD
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I used to enjoy EOD on a few occasions when it was done regularly, but I would guess the pressure must be on to be more productive these days to keep the profit margins up
I guess the limited response is due to it not being in an overly prominent place. I have things to get on with, but I'll post more in due course.
Somehow I suspect that some of what I will have to say isn't going to be too popular with Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Personally I've always found the similarity between the Home page and the Blogs page ridiculous.
The Homepage should contain considerably smaller blog extracts, in fact rarely any blogs extracts at all (the only exception would perhaps be something having a major impact on Plusnet or it's Customers (ie. significantly detrimental or beneficial).
Perhaps it should be just smaller extracts and less large banners, with links to the respective full blogs and other links to other blogs you may wish to highlight. In fact most of what I see on the Home page should be what I see on the Blogs tab.
What I would expect to see on the Home page is more of things like the column centre right headed Tech News, on some or most of the other categories.
What I do not want to see on the Home page is blatant in your face self promotion, particularly at a time when Ticket Response times & Customer Service Response Times are so poor  eg. the current item "Plusnet receive Good Housekeeping Reader Recommendation" at the top page never mind the "Plusnet's new TV advert" immediately below it. There's barely a single comment on that first item supporting good customer service. Maybe you aren't reading enough of the Forum threads and posts either. The number of customers that have been critical of long wait times, messed up orders, Openreach failings, poor ticket response times, the list goes on.
A very small item on your "awards" and "adverts" is all you should put on the Home page at present. There was a time when we used to enjoy hearing about the new TV ads and chatting about them, but when people as saying you should stop them altogether because you can't provide the customer service, you need to think again.
I am however, quite happy to see blogs about Plusnet participation in Charity events and about the Jane Tomlinson Appeal for example, but what is all this stuff about One Direction, why is that in the Plusnet News Category as well, what have they got to do with Plusnet, there's no mention of anything in the article.
What's the point of the main Blogs tab? Is that where I find all the recent blogs in date order (newest first) from all the different categories?
Well that seems fair enough if it is ......... but the comments about in your face self promotion still apply.
As for these categories, first, if you are not going to do EOD or Newsletters any more for example, you should create an Archive category and stick them in there.
What is WWW Front Page supposed to be? Just looks like a waste of space to me as the blogs in there are in some other categories as well.
IMHO a blog should be only in one category.
Industry News, what little is there is more self promotion, not what I expected to see and again is in other categories.
Plusnet News, again some stuff in here that's also in other categories and shouldn't be here, but what the hell has One Direction got to do with Plusnet news, it just shouldn't be there at all.
Customer Services, nothing but more self promotion. Where for example is some detailed news about the issues you are having with overloaded CSC, delayed tickets and how you are going about addressing these issues? Far more important than what I've quickly looked at.
Announcements  yet more self promotion. Where for example is the detail about all the recent product changes, all the new offers etc.?
Incident Reports - hasn't been used since 2008  This is just the place some detailed information should have been provided about the outage a week ago Friday, and updated once the cause was known.
I could spend another day going through this lot, but I think by now you should have got my drift. I might come back another time and add more.
Why not come up with some suggestions on how you might improve it all based on the comments you do get?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Chris,
How about a "view from the CEO's chair" to cover how he sees things and what is happening to address user's concerns...
BTOR sourced issues
Order process failure sourced issues
...giving a substantial volume of need for support
Call wait times
Ticket processing times
...when and how will it get better
Strategic solutions - new ordering system - new billing system - new user portal
Tactical solutions being applied TODAY to mitigate the failures in the EXISTING systems between now and new system availability

Concerns over the rumoured loss of Which? Best ISP recommendation and what is being done to restore that reputation.

After that we can think about the window dressings again.  Wink Undecided
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.