Community Username Changed

I seem to have gained a 1 on my username - a little help please Smiley

14 REPLIES 14
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Community Username Changed

We've reported this and have a call tomorrow to work out a way forward. Don't worry, we know why it's happened and we'll get it sorted sharpish.
penneck1

Pity I didn't see this earlier or the other topic about problems trying to log on. I tried logging on, but it told me I had to reset my password. You were then supposed to send me an e-mail but two hours later I'm still waiting. I tried again just now - same result i.e. no e-mail. Like others, I've had to re-register which means a new user name (penneck1 - no prizes for guessing what it was before PlusNet decided it needed to fiddle). I would like to go back to my old user name, please

Thankyou

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

if you had/have a different email for PN notification/communication emails like monthly bills etc it is that address, had the same issue. I got my real account back once I used its email address
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Apologies - it's certainly not good enough and we'll sort it sharpish.

For context, we migrated two separate databases of details to this Community - the forums and blogs were completely separate. It seems that if someone updated their email address on the forum, it didn't update it in the blog database so it means we have two email addresses with the same username so it automatically generates the extra '1'.

As I say - it's not great but we're on to it and will update you tomorrow.
penneck1

Sorry Chris. I received your e-mail about the private message, then accidentally deleted it (clumsy old fool). However, at least I had read it. I can tell you though (1) the e-mail address you were sending to (the selex one) is no good any more because it was my work e-mail address and I retired 6 months ago; (2) the address I had expected to receive on (the one I typed in when I requested the password reset) was my 'graham@penneck.plus.com' one. When I tried the postmaster equivalent, the e-mail from you got through. However, even after doing the password reset, I still have to log in on my new account which requires me to use penneck1 (my new registration username), whilst the username for my original account (which I want to use) was just penneck.

There is one other thing - I don't know how to find private messages. I rarely had need for them over the years, so I have forgotten how to find them. I have spent a while searching the new site without success

Cheers

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In this case click on your avatar/username at the top right and they will pop out at you

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've PM'd you again, hopefully that sorts the issue for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chilternphil
Dabbler

Like others, my User Name seemed to be invalid, so easiest is just to re-register. I had posted before but not bothered to relink to them. Presume there will be a lot of unused names on the system after a while.  Unlike some, and I suspect a minority, my experience of PlusNet is good (I hope that doesn't jinx anything).  Otherwise keep up the good work.

BurntToast
Hooked

I got a 1 added to my name too.  I changed it back, but have no old posts apparently.  I don't care about that but you may want to know that the thing is messed up.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Chilternphil I've located your Plusnet account and searched your old forum username. It has migrated over successfully, could you PM me the email address you've been trying to get the password reset sent to please.

@BurntToast The account with a 1 on the end is related to this.
Your original account seems to be on a gmail address, if you request a password reset to this gmail address you should get access back to the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
BurntToast
Hooked

How do you do that?  There appears to be no log out button which would enable me to start again.  I would like to change the email address associated with this forum as in general I don't trust forums to keep email addresses secure.  How do I do so please?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you click on your username top right of the forum you will get a fly-out menu. The last item on that menu is for signing out.

You should then be able to start again with the gmail address referred to in the previous reply. Once you've reset the password for your original username, login, click your username and select My Settings. The second tab there allows you to change your email address.

David
BurntToast
Hooked

Actually that doesn't work.  Firstly, the fly out bit flies out and back so quick most times that I can't catch it.  After many attempts it did stay out and I hit sign out and it came up with an error page and hasn't signed me out at all.  LOL. Quite funny really.

Here's another bug.  HIt Post options in order to edit the post and the page flies to the top, have to then scroll down to find the post again.

I have found now that to get the fly out bit to stay out I have to hit right at the top above the avatar by my name.  If I hit just too low it doesn't stay out.  Finding the sweet spot is key but is not intuitive.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Oh dear, these are features of the mysterious bugs that crept into this forum on Friday morning - but don't appear on the staging site. Sad

You might be able to get signed out if you can open "sign out" in a new tab.

David