cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in using Chrome but can with Firefox???

FIXED
Digsy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Cannot log in using Chrome but can with Firefox???

As per the title. I cannot log into the community if I use Chrome (my regular browser) but if I use Forefox, then I can.

Also, the "reset my password" page does not work in Chroem for me, but it does in Firefox.

14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Cannot log in using Chrome but can with Firefox???

@Digsy 

Try deleting the Chrome cache..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Digsy
Grafter

I deleted cached files but that didn't fix it. Did you mean delete everything, including cookies?

I think there is a bigger problem here. When I tried to log in to answer this post I could not get in using Firefox either. I tried so may times that I locked myself out and ghad to reset my password and that didn't work until I picked a compleely new password.

So I think I am having to reset my password every time I try to log in.

Can you specify what the password criteria are? The password reset page isn't very specific. Also, does it allow you to re-use old passwords?

And finally, why does the comminuty keep forgeting my username & password combination?

Digsy
Grafter

Ok I have reset my password yet again to something completely random, and then gone back in to my user settings and re-changed it back to something I can remember. I can now log in on Chrome and Firefox.

Will see tomorrow if I can get back in again!

Digsy
Grafter

Just had to reset my password again. Looks like the community is not remembering my username / password combination from one session to another which is a real pain.

Also could not use Chrome to reset the password again. Had to use Firefox.

Please could someone tae a look at my community account to see what is wrong?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

assume you're typing in your password every time and not using chrome / firefox to remember your password and get it to autofill?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Digsy
Grafter

I am typing it in every time. I never use "remember" or "autofill" for passwords.

I am sure last night that I asked it to remember hat I was logged in, but that didn't seem to hapen either.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

the remain logged in is an issue that is well known sadly and comes and goes for me - there are several threads on this.

There hasn't been an issue reported before where passwords are randomly changing though.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Digsy
Grafter

Just had to reset again to post this.

This time I have used a completely different password which I will not attempt to change back to one of my older ones for a couple of days.

What are the restrictions on community passwords? All the reset page specifies is the length.

Upper / lower case?

Numbers?

Specal characters?

Is re-using old passwords allowed? If not then is there any way to reset my previous pasword history so that I can used something which I can remember?

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I have done a bit of digging and I can see that there are two forum accounts with the same username registered here, one being registered since 2007. When we migrated over to this new forum 4 years ago, there were about 200 users (out of 10s of 1000s) that had the same username but used different emails (i think the last forum had you login using email address). This caused a bit of an overlap for some users and we have had to fix these as they appear.

Looking at the two accounts, it does look like both of these belong to you as the emails contain a similar word (but both are different in a way).

If you can send me a private message, we can have a quick chat and sort this out for you. It will end up with me outright deleting one of the users though but I will let you decide which to keep.

Thanks and apologies that this has affected you.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Digsy
Grafter

Thanks @jaread83 . I have PM'ed you.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I have sent you a reply giving you some options. When you let me know what you would prefer I will get this sorted out for you Smiley

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Digsy
Grafter

@jaread83 Did you delete my older account yet? I was logging in fine until just now, and the old problems are back again. Just had to reset my password again using Firefox to post this.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
Hi Digsy,

Your old account has been removed now so you should no longer have issues logging in.

Digsy
Grafter

Thanks! Will see how it goes over the next couple of days.