Did you mean: 

Bug Fixes Incoming - 13 May 16

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Bug Fixes Incoming - 13 May 16

Afternoon All

Tomorrow morning 13 May 16, @jaread83 will be pushing the below bug fixes live. They should be completed for 10am however, if there are any delays with this, I'll post an update.

• Update year in footer to 2016
  • Hiding defunct 'default emoticon' option from user settings
  • Fix search suggestions to hide the attachments icon
  • Remove searchbar from plusnet header 
  • Remove the hidden CSS for uploading images through the media manager page
  • Update solution email wording 
  • Spam quarantine CSS updates (mod and admins only) 
  • UI update of image upload in RT editor for mobile devices 
  • Plusnet menu is now clickable on mobile
  • Thanks button - removed border from thanks that appears after clicking to give thanks
  • Mobile menu bug fixes for Android browser
  • Bug fixed where user would leave malformed HTML after mentioning a user then deleting the text which would leave residual HTML that breaks out of the reply area
  • Visited pseudo selector updated on notifications feed to include all links due to update of notification items

Please let myself and @jaread83 know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Louisa
55 REPLIES 55
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Bug Fixes Incoming - 13 May 16

Thank you @LouisaMartin.

For those reading this you may notice that these updates are all visual changes to the frontend.

Changes to the system are done by Lithium as I don't have access to the source code and any issues with the platform have been raised with Lithium support for fixes.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try releasing a similar number of fixes every Friday ?

I'm sure those fixes are useful some someone, but don't fix anything I've reported, but I understand it is early days, and it looks like a good start on making at least some visible progress.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As we don't have full time Web Dev resource on Community, we'll be doing our releases fortnightly @Anonymous on the opposite fortnight to the main website releases. 

This allows the web dev team (i.e. @jaread83@mtrinder and others) to share their time across a number of other Digital areas and by doing our releases fortnightly, they can allocate their time and resource better.

Cheers

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any commitment from Lithium as to when they are going to release both bug fixes and performance enhancements ?.

The problem that REALLY causes me issues is the frequent horrendous file 'GET' times !

It would also help me A LOT is if the browser CPU usage could be reduced to say a FIFTH of what it is now.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks @LouisaMartin @jaread83 at least it's a start.  A pity that none of the more annoying bugs are in the list thoughLips_are_sealed.

Are there any indications yet from lithium as to which 'bugs' they propose to fix next week (?).

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I belive they said every FORTNIGHT not weekly Embarrassed

i dont fancy having secure connection fail error for another two weeks FF46 Angry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@rongtw wrote:

I belive they said every FORTNIGHT not weekly Embarrassed

YUP.   Plusnet this week  therefore lithium NEXT week - alternating.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Changes are now live.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

YUP.   Plusnet this week  therefore lithium NEXT week - alternating.

M

Not sure where that's been said? Lithium will have their own timelines, change process and rollout process for fixes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We have some bugs currently sat with Lithium being investigated @MauriceC. Which bugs in particular are you referring to?

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI @rongtw I believe I've already posted about the FF46 issue and the fact this sits with Mozilla and isn't a Lithium bug. I am aware some software developers have developed workarounds for this however, at this moment in time, Lithium aren't looking to do this. Sorry.

Louisa
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@LouisaMartin there are umpteen posts on staging. Where would you like to start?
MauriceC
Resting Legend

LouisaMartin wrote:. Which bugs in particular are you referring to?

The problem from this side of the fence @LouisaMartin is that there is no way of knowing which of the many bugs that have been reported by the Community have actually been accepted and are being actively pursued either by lithium or by Plusnet. 

So my rather simplistic answer must be 'all of those which have currently been reported'.

M

MauriceC
Resting Legend

@Chris wrote:
Not sure where that's been said? Lithium will have their own timelines, change process and rollout process for fixes.

Strongly implied in Louisa's post #4 in this thread?

M.