cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum, why do so many pages have this warning ?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: New forum, why do so many pages have this warning ?

I got the following doing <ctrl><shift>K before doing anything else

uncaught exception: module definition dependecy not found: tinymce/util/Tools <unknown>
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. lia-scripts-common-min.js:196:0
Use of Mutation Events is deprecated. Use MutationObserver instead. overlay.js:314:0

Anonymous
Not applicable

While looking at the Firefox logging output, I've noticed some excessively long loading times of some of the "GET" statements, some of the files being fetched took more than eleven seconds to arrive !

No wonder my typical Plusnet forum page loads take 9 to 20 seconds !

GET https://community.plus.net/skins/770735/605170A77357820A0C6934CF9C025777/plusnet-439108329.css [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 912ms]
GET https://community.plus.net/t5/scripts/32DD2D01308145D24503630D3AFF75CD/lia-scripts-head-min.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 519ms]
GET https://community.plus.net/t5/scripts/BB2A8D923B72F9140445A0A8ADF931EF/lia-scripts-angularjs-min.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 11181ms]
GET https://community.plus.net/t5/scripts/A455BA5BF0B287A321BD7C07E58C2A0B/lia-scripts-angularjsModules-min.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 11134ms]
GET https://community.plus.net/t5/scripts/62CA13A7A3D12F558BBB87A91364164F/lia-scripts-common-min.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 11134ms]
GET https://community.plus.net/t5/scripts/120BB053A391D08F68F90E7A5A0865A7/lia-scripts-body-min.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 11134ms]
GET https://community.plus.net/plugin/js/standalone/common/tinyMcePasteFix.js [undefined 9547ms]

This compares to fetches from Google (as part of the same page load) -

GET https://www.google-analytics.com/plugins/ua/linkid.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 34ms]

- which is about right for my connection for a typical https GET.

Is the Plusnet Forum web server excessively slow at responding to GET requests ?

Undecided

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I shall have a look into this and see if there is anything I can do. will be when I get into the office (on my mobile atm).

I was aware of the tinymcr/util bug but that isn't an issue as it doesn't affect anything as far as I know. The wss:// thing I am unsure about.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anotherone
Champion

Somebody else mentioned the wss:// thing in another thread. I may try the search engine to find it Roll_eyes

After a bit of clunkyness @Anonymous mentioned it here and here

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

One of those resources (the .css file) is 100kb and shouldnt take that long to load. My guess is that there is something up with the server configuration where the community is hosted. Do the GET requests take this long all the time @Anonymous? The community is quite fast for me.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As a comparison to your stats:

plusnet-439108329.css - 154ms

lia-scripts-head-min.js - 88ms

lia-scripts-angularjs-min.js - 149ms

lia-scripts-common-min.js - 146ms

lia-scripts-body-min.js - 184ms

tinyMcePasteFix.js - 188ms

screenshots:

JavascriptJavascriptCSSCSS

All of the above were taken from a un-cached version of the site so these have all been redownloaded. The response times go down to around 22ms after caching.

Does this happen to you all the time? Are you running a lot of addons? If so, have you tried in FF safe mode and see if the numbers are any different? The more info I have the better as we can send this data to Lithium to check it out.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Anonymous Bump! Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Jack is offering to try and help, I'm surprised Nibiru hasn't been back to respond Sad

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Could his post in Message #20 in Bug-Fixes-Incoming-13-May-16 be a clue?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In the post you linked... why does everyone keep thinking that we are ignoring you guys? This is definitely not the case and I am always taking notes, I just can't keep making the same notes about the platform and I just end up repeating myself when seeing the posts. We are taking notes though and the threads are being linked in the support tickets we have raised. @LouisaMartin has been raising support tickets directly with Lithium about the issues so she would be better to answer any questions about the progress. All I can do is change the skin and how it looks, we have no control over how the system works but we can raise support tickets for anything that has been spotted that isn't working. I am sure that when a support ticket has been resolved we will be able to communicate the fixes to put you all at ease knowing that something has been fixed.

I am sorry if these issues have caused a rift of disdain amongst you all, we are leaning on Lithium as much as we can to get these issues fixed. If there was something I could do to fix these authentication or session timeout issues I would be right on it but I do not have access to anything like that.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@jaread83,

I think the issue here is accountability and visibility.

We know that your beautiful fixes are only skin deep and you have (and continue) to do a great job with the cosmetics.  If cosmetic surgery can deliver a solution we know you will give it a go.

As for the rest, well it all seems like a black hole.  You are the only visible 'development' person here.  Those dealing with lithium (if they can be dealt with / managed) are not visible.  We see noting happening.  We see no communication of plans.  Who is holding lithium to account?  What are they doing?  When will they deliver?

Surely as a customer, you have expectations and rights in return for what you pay them?

If I'd have run my outsourced service for my customers this way, we'd have lost the contract pronto ... may be that's the answer - accept this was a bad choice and look at a path back to SMF? Wink

I recall a jocular suggestion from @LouisaMartin during staging and have tried hard to refrain from using it, but I do wonder if it is time for #blameliam ?

We all need answers, a vision, clear direction on what lithium will do and by when to maintain the good will of the community.

"We have no control" is simply not an acceptable position to be in.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I belive PN just moved here to be with BIG brother BT Shocked

I cant belive an ISP like PN can only spare one person to Sort out the NEW & IMPROVED forum Cheesy

I am not a Expert like many who post here , just a customer who tries to help, and I belive we are just being placated untill we give up complaining !

If this is what PN consider new and improved , i hate to think what kind of mess any new billing system will be Cry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion

Believe you me, I wouldn't consider myself to be an expert albeit there's a lot that I know, there's also a lot that I don't!

and I belive we are just being placated untill we give up complaining !

Do you know, that thought seriously crossed my mind yesterday!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Anonymous wrote:
The connection to wss://community.plus.net/realtime/notification/f2c5865f-bc50-44c1-a055-fbe07622fe17/4522?X-Atmosphere-tracking-id=dfdd7701-c05b-44a8-94d6-6f52b3a89f00&X-Atmosphere-Framework=2.1.4-jquery&X-Atmosphere-Transport=websocket&X-Cache-Date=1460402348353&Content-Type=application/json&X-atmo-protocol=true was interrupted while the page was loading. @ https://community.plus.net/t5/scripts/AF0EBB91C800493A147D88B42AECDFD0/lia-scripts-body-min.js:54

This issue was raised with Lithium a while back, who responded as follows:

@Lithium wrote:
That's the result of the real-time notification service. While you will see that error briefly when switching pages, there's no actual issue being caused impacting users or service.

Basically, the service runs in real-time waiting for events so it can perform a toaster pop-up should they occur. If you refresh or change pages, that interrupts the service and that error is triggered to let you know. However, that doesn't mean the event will be cancelled, it will just pop up after during the next idle state.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

All

I've had this response from Lithium this morning:

The "The connection to wss://community.plus.net/realtime/notification/f2c5865f-bc50-44c1-a055-fbe07622fe17/4522?X-Atmosphere-tracking-id=dfdd7701-c05b-44a8-94d6-6f52b3a89f00&X-Atmosphere-Framework=2.1.4-jquery&X-Atmosphere-Transport=websocket&X-Cache-Date=1460402348353&Content-Type=application/json&X-atmo-protocol=true was interrupted while the page was loading." message is normal and what @bobpullen posted at the end of the thread still holds true.

For the slow page load times I am unable to reproduce this either. Could you please have the user try connecting from a different workstation that is not on the same network they are currently able to reproduce on?

@Anonymous if you are able to do as Lithium have requested and send me the results, I'll send back to them.

Thanks

Louisa