cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banned!

alexander

Banned!

Could someone kindly explain why 'mechanic123' has been banned from the forums here, without any explanation or opportunity to respond/query this? All posts from that account seem to have been deleted?

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Banned!

Hi there and welcome to our community forums.

I've flagged this up with our forum moderators to investigate as soon as possible.

[edit]

This should be sorted. I've also updated you Here which you should receive an email about.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

OK, I had a reply to the ticket and now I can logon to the forum.

Thanks for the help, Gandalf and the moderators!

Although if I made some transgression of the rules earlier it would be helpful to know what that was so I can avoid the same fate in future. Maybe the 'banned' message should include some info as to why that step was taken.

Looking forward now to fibre installation next week!

Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. From what I can see I don’t think you did break the rules and I’m sorry that this happened.
Cheers for your feedback, I’ll pass it on.
Let us know how your fibre install goes. Cheesy
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf wrote:
Let us know how your fibre install goes. Cheesy

So far so good. Bit of a tangle of powerplugs, ethernet and wifi in the distribution around the house,  but we'll gradually sort it. Router works well.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for coming back to us, and I’m glad to hear things are looking good so far.

As long as it works, aesthetics is a different matter IMO. One of my former house mates once had a long ethernet cable trail down from his 3rd floor attic room to the router on the ground floor. Probably should’ve invested in some powerlines. Grin
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet