cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I managed to assign an avatar to a newly created account but don't seem able to for my resurrected old account (this one). When I click on the avatar icon I just get an empty window. I tried adding it via images but after uploading the file it seemed to want me to select an album and when I clicked the button I just got a blank area of the screen.

Hardly the end of the world though, I admit.

BTW: I created the new account with the same name as my old one - dunno if that might be a problem.

4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Avatar Issue

I don't think it should have allowed you to create an account with the same name as an existing one.

Was Andrue always your account name on the old forum?  Maybe you exist under your original name (if different from current old name)?

I think @bobpullen (or @Chris) might be the man to ask in the circumstances (though understandably he might be rather busy currently).

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@w23 wrote:

I don't think it should have allowed you to create an account with the same name as an existing one.

No, it definitely shouldn't have Huh

We'll look into it. I suspect it's related to the problems @Andrue is having with their avatar.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Andrue
Pro

Well I just logged in using name 'Andrue' and it got me into my old account. So it's a low priority issue. Feel free to push it on to the back burner Smiley

Andrue
Pro

My avatar is set now. Dunno if you did anything or it just fixed itself. 's all good Smiley