cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick query about the Community Notifications Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick query about the Community Notifications Page

I have noticed that when I view these notifications using the ‘My Notifications’ link at the bottom of a page sometimes the Avatar counter resets along with the 'new' icon clearing a few seconds after landing other times they don’t and a page refresh is required to do this.

Am I the only one seeing this?

2 REPLIES 2
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: A quick query about the Community Notifications Page

The counter on the quick links bar is loaded on pageload. This is the same as the user menu item (text version). The standard counters for messages and notification (the ones with the icon) are loaded via ajax and will update once the user menu is opened.

I can't control this and have been trying to figure out how to get these values updated via ajax but can't get it to work at the moment.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A quick query about the Community Notifications Page

@jaread83 - Apologies for the delay in my response but I think there is some confusion here as to what I mean.

When I click on the ‘My Notifications’ link under the ‘Useful Links’ banner a page is displayed showing my likes and mentions, and it is this page I am referring to in my OP. When I land on the page the counter icon on the avatar and or the ‘new’ icon will sometime reset (i.e. go away) but this is not always the case. I would have assumed that the behaviour would be constant, but this appears not to be the case.