Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Competitions on the Plusnet Community Blog

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

100 Competitions on the Plusnet Community Blog

As a newbie to this Forum, I had a look at the Plusnet  Community Blog and saw lots of competitions and everyone I looked at had closed some time ago and I could not find one to entre. In fact, doing a search, there are 100 competitions on the Blog and all seem to be out of date. Sad

So, my question is why would I want to look at the Blog, if it is full of out of date irrelevant  items? Roll_eyes

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=blog-board:plus...

18 REPLIES 18
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: 100 Competitions on the Plusnet Community Blog

It's a bit like Notice Boards!  Everyone wants to post, but nobody has the responsibility to clear the ****.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

One simple solution, would be to put the closing date in the blog item window...or is that asking too much? Roll_eyes

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Or just delete the out of date ones 😯
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Perhaps this is another side issue that @LouisaMartin might care to pick up under the Generic "Quality of Service" topic?  It would all help clean up the Corporate image.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

I think I have just found a competition (well a prize draw) that is NOT out of date on this forum? Cheesy  

Well .... I've found the T&Cs but can someone tell me how to make an entry? Roll_eyes

https://community.plus.net/t5/Latest-Plusnet-News/T-amp-Cs-for-updated-customer-details-prize-draw/t...

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Before giving it a face lift recently, I worked with some of the blog authors and archived around 500 old blog articles. We used to do a daily report of all things going on until it became a bit of a chore. There was also some very out dated articles that were not interesting to read and heavily out of date.

I think competition stuff has been left in there for posterity really. They do pop up every now and then though. We did one at Christmas if I recall correctly.

When I archived a lot of the articles I realised that I had taken on a bit more than I could chew. There were almost 2000 blog articles which have built up over an entire decade to go through and so I had to choose a specific category (daily reports) and send them to the archive. Also sent some 'web development' and a few 'gaming' articles to archive as the information was way out of date. I am sure there are more we could archive but I simply don't have the time to go through all of it.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@billnotben wrote:

Who reads the blogs on here then? Are they interesting? Anything else you'd like to see?

I must be really sad as there are some really good blogs across the net/

What an excellent theme for a competition Cheesy but I guess that is what analytics is all about, aren't  they?

I guess there must be sticky subjects,  and wastelands too, but their needs to be some incentive and trawling closed competitions are a turn-off. 

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@jaread83 wrote:

Before giving it a face lift recently, I worked with some of the blog authors and archived around 500 old blog articles. We used to do a daily report of all things going on until it became a bit of a chore. There was also some very out dated articles that were not interesting to read and heavily out of date.

I think competition stuff has been left in there for posterity really. They do pop up every now and then though. We did one at Christmas if I recall correctly.

When I archived a lot of the articles I realised that I had taken on a bit more than I could chew. There were almost 2000 blog articles which have built up over an entire decade to go through and so I had to choose a specific category (daily reports) and send them to the archive. Also sent some 'web development' and a few 'gaming' articles to archive as the information was way out of date. I am sure there are more we could archive but I simply don't have the time to go through all of it.

Thank you for your honesty ,Smiley Clearly the Community Blog is a workload and a very low priority that needs some extra time  and a strategy to dynamically focus it in the present and make it relevant and promote it in the target market.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@Leapy wrote:

I think I have just found a competition (well a prize draw) that is NOT out of date on this forum? Cheesy  

Well .... I've found the T&Cs but can someone tell me how to make an entry? Roll_eyes

https://community.plus.net/t5/Latest-Plusnet-News/T-amp-Cs-for-updated-customer-details-prize-draw/t...

Sorry to labour the point, but how does (or can) one make an entry fir this? Smiley

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

This is just a general T&C for competitions that are linked from any that are posted (it saves us having to keep repeating the same text for each article and is better to simply link to this post).

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

If it is general, why be specific on dates i.e 2nd May and £250 john Lewis vouchers? That doesn't apply to every set of T&C's...or does it? ....who is responsible for quality systems and proof reading what is published?Roll_eyes Maybe the workload is too big?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

The general T&Cs say

"PLUSNET PRIZE TERMS

ENTRY TIMEFRAME
1. The Plusnet customer prize draw runs from the date of email or text invitation until 30th April. Entries submitted outside of this period will not be eligible for a prize."

What happens on the 1st May?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You tear the April page off the calendar and a new month begins. Cheesy