Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

On Wednesday 19th December Plusnet launch a new set of products, namely - Essentials, Unlimited, Essentials Fibre and Unlimited Fibre. You can find details about the new products in the official announcement here. An FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) has been published here.
If you have any questions about the new products then please take the time to read the FAQ *in full* as  your question is likely to have be answered there.
You may also find the answer to your question in the pre-launch discussion that took place here, although be warned it may take some time to trawl through (it is a bit meandering and long winded I am afraid).
I'd like to politely request that we keep discussion on topic this time and that people don't stray to far from the subject matter i.e. discussion about the new products that have been launched. Please also search for an answer to your question before posting by reading the FAQ and checking the posts that have been made before you. We will be keeping a close eye on this thread and reserve the right to remove anything that's off-topic or looks to be derailing the discussion.
NB: Please note that the link to the announcement at the start of this post and some of the links in the FAQ won't be working or will point to dated information until the website has been updated after 7.00am on Wednesday 19th December.
347 REPLIES 347
Spider
Grafter

Re: Launch of new products - Essentials and Unlimited

Quote from: Oldjim
....Please note that the links to the Plusnet website in the FAQ for traffic management won't work until after 7.00am on Wednesday the 19th December 2012

The FAQ page is live now ! Just viewing it :).
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

That's because the FAQ is being hosted on the Community Site, not the main site, but some of the pages won't be available until the products are.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

One thing I'm not sure about is:-
It's already been answered that there will be no problem if you enter a contract for essentials or unlimited then decide to move from one to the other.
But in doing so will you begin another 12 month contract?
peterb99
Grafter

Its up and working.
I've just signed up to the unlimited package and will be upgraded on 22nd (glad my broadband order got delayed a bit and I only have to wait a couple of days to be on the new package).
Very easy to complete.
Thanks Plusnet.
spookypickle
Grafter

OK so I've bitten the bullet and requested a change, which will come into effect on 1st January (my billing date).  My only concern was this:
Your Broadband speed
Current product:
    12Mb (down) / 1Mb(up)
New product:
    7.5Mb
The speeds above are based on the details we have on your account:

I'm guessing that's just based on the theoretical minimum estimate, considering I'm currently now connected at just over 16mbs. 
wheelnut
Grafter

There is an error in the 'Here's the Legal bit' for all of the new products. The sign up dates for the  new customer 50% discount should be 19th Dec to 7 Feb 2013, not 2012.
dsw
Grafter

When viewing on mobile you can't actually see what it's going to cost either, the summary.
dsw
Grafter

The legal pages don't contain up to date information now? http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html?source=legals
What is the early termination charge on the new packages?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Table 6 on that page details the ADSL ones, table 12 for Fibre.
Adie:quote
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: dsw
When viewing on mobile you can't actually see what it's going to cost either, the summary.

You won't get the cart on the right hand side as that's how it's designed, but you should get a confirmation page at the end?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dfunked
Grafter

Half price for new customers!? Shocked Wowza! It should definitely be easy for me to get a few referrals in that case...
A little annoyed that I have to wait until the 17th Jan for mine to tick over, seeing as I was switched to legacy unlimited on the 26th of last month, but I guess I'll just have to soldier on..
Lorian
Grafter

Why was my post deleted?
I went to amend it and its gone.  Interesting moderation there.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I'm on a Market 1 Exchange, with two LLU providers now, but still Market 1.  I'm on the Value package at £12.99 per month and manage to stay within my 10GB monthly allowance by staying up late or getting up early so most large files can be downloaded during the free hours of midnight to 8 am.  I don't think the traffic rate limits at busy times of day ever impact me.
No incentive to switch to Essentials: same price £12.99, same traffic limits and I would have to tie myself in for 12 months, instead of no contract as at present.
Unlimited seems quite attractive but still an extra £4 a month at £16.99.  I could download when I like and without being inhibited by having to watch my usage.  That's probably worth the extra £4 per month but it's not a complete no-brainer.  And much as I like Plusnet (which I really do), I guess I should also price what the LUU providers have to offer.
No hurry to come to a decision as any switch will not take effect until some days into January.
Ronski
Rising Star

I've upgraded my account this morning, all went smoothly, only comment I would make is in my case the estimated speeds are a long way out, my current line rate is 45Mbps/11Mbps, with an attainable of about 51Mbps/11Mbps.
Current product: 57Mb(down) / 20Mb(up) New product:57Mb(down) / 20Mb(up)

I notice that the accuracy statement for the estimate has been removed, although it was pretty meaningless  Wink
Don't really need unlimited, but only being 4 months into an 18 month contract, thought I might as well go unlimited, never know how my usage may change in the future.
PS. Usage changes on the 27  Smiley