Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

No, your connection is already activated!
scruff
Dabbler

Re. message #25 from PhyllisTyne
On 1st December, I upgraded to 'Plusnet Premium with included 120GB bandwidth'  at a monthly cost of £15.99. Will my monthly charge now reduce to £9.99 for unlimited download?
I am confused by this answer in FAQs - #6    Undecided
Is my monthly subscription going to increase/decrease?
No, we are not changing existing customers’ subscription costs
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: scruff
On 1st December, I upgraded to 'Plusnet Premium with included 120GB bandwidth'  at a monthly cost of £15.99. Will my monthly charge now reduce to £9.99 for unlimited download?
I am confused by this answer in FAQs - #6    Undecided
Is my monthly subscription going to increase/decrease?
No, we are not changing existing customers’ subscription costs

You would carry on paying £15.99 unless you explicitly request that you are moved to one of the new products.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JamesM
Grafter

I have chosen to switch to unlimited, and am at the first continue page where it says "todays payment" then "monthly payment". So todays payment means my next billing date or does it mean today, if so, does my billing date change ? or is this just for new custolmers? because I am already a customer, do I get switched on my normal billing date and start paying the new lower price for unlimited on my normal billing date.
Or do I get charged for my normal month on the 22nd then again for the new unlimited package. Sorry to be pedantic but sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees.
Nevermind, i guess I should have signed in first  Roll_eyes
scruff
Dabbler

I was planning to request a change to unlimited, but still find the answer to question #6 in FAQs ambiguous.
Maybe you should amend the wording to indicate that there will be no change to monthly subscriptions unless an upgrade to unlimited is specifically requested?  
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I imagine that there's a penalty for leaving before a contract ends.  What is it?
And is it over and above the usual "take a MAC code" or "pay a £25 cessation charge"?
What happens at the end of one of the new products' contracts?  Does a new 12 or 18 month contract begin automatically?  If so, does the penalty (above) continue to apply?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you stay on the lower price and revert to the normal 10 days notice
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: snozboz
I imagine that there's a penalty for leaving before a contract ends.  What is it?
And is it over and above the usual "take a MAC code" or "pay a £25 cessation charge"?

You have to pay the remaining months subscription in addition to the £25 if you don't migrate out using a MAC.
Edit: See correction here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.msg942971.html#msg942971
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: dsw
Try on iPhone Bob. The summary flashes on then off then on as you scroll.

On it ...

Replicated using Safari and Chrome. I'll get it raised.
I was planning to request a change to unlimited, but still find the answer to question #6 in FAQs ambiguous.
Maybe you should amend the wording to indicate that there will be no change to monthly subscriptions unless an upgrade to unlimited is specifically requested? 

Done.
I imagine that there's a penalty for leaving before a contract ends.  What is it?

It depends on your product and how many month's are remaining on your contract. See table 6 & 7 here.
Quote from: jelv
I imagine that there's a penalty for leaving before a contract ends.  What is it?

You have to pay the remaining months subscription in addition to the £25 if you don't migrate out using a MAC.

The cessation charge is not applicable for customers who are paying extra for the no contract option.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

halster65
Grafter

i just went to upgrade my account to unlimted, at the bottom it says todays charges of £25 pounds, what is this for?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Assuming you're logged in (are you?), it's a known bug and shouldn't be charged.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

halster65
Grafter

i was logged in, oh ok, no worries, thanks!
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Question #6 comes right after question #5.  I would have thought if you read both questions this is clear already.
Bochin

I was just wondering. I have recently (month ago) took Fibre Extra with 250GB allowance. This product have been traffic managed etc but the new unlimited is not.
There is no reference anymore on the PlusNet website to the traffic managing the 250GB Fibre extra is that mean my Fibre Extra is now without any traffic management?
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If I switch to Unlimited Broadband with a 12 month contract (in a low cost area), what happens if I move house before the contract ends (and take my Plusnet broadband with me)?  Is one free house move still included?