Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Will price hike impact me - Unlimited broadband and homephone contract

Judging by the email I have received your phone rental will increase by £1 and call charges will increase but your broadband price won't change
Of course you could take out the Line Rental Saver at the old price until Oct 1st
I have merged this with the Announcement thread
priyanka123
Dabbler

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Still not received any email so not sure whats the status for my account. I am anyway quite fed up of plusnet so would be happy to move if they allow me to do so without penalty
redsetter
Grafter

you should be able to tell from the changes page.
http://www.plus.net/support/october-changes-guide.shtml
i only have the essentials package which is going up £1.50,i thought earlier that the £2.50 increase may apply at a later date as to new customers.
anyone who cancels will find the price has risen to £30 to cut the service off,sky charged me £25 but the service went into a new month with them by a few days,so it could have been that.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The price of the Essentials package won't change in October. If you have home phone with Plusnet and currently pay £13.99 per month that will increase by £1 to £14.99 from October. If you have Anytime calls that will increase by 50p from £4.00 to £4.50 in October. By paying for Line rental saver before 1st October you could avoid the line rental price increase
Only if you change product would a broadband only increase apply.
David
dsw
Grafter

To be expected. They've got to pay for their new office somehow!
Devonian
Grafter

Well I'm decorating the lounge in a few days, I'm putting my price down to pay for it. Wink
Jarr
Grafter

I have the plusnet unlimited fibre package with talk anytime and I joined in April so my line rental is £13.99.
I assume I have a right to cancel my contract with you?
scoobydoo1
Grafter

same here, i,m now in 2 minds in cancelling my contract and leaving penalty free due to the price hikes, as anyone else left/plan on leaving and found some good deals elsewhere?
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

This is not an official statement but this is the wording from the T&C's http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
47 If we have made a change which is to your material disadvantage, you will not have to pay a charge (excludes any charges or payments we have deferred) if you decide to end your agreement early, unless the price guide says otherwise. However, once we have told you about such a change, you must let us know that you want to end the agreement within 10 days.
Note the part I have bolded
Jarr
Grafter

Which means?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You will need to wait for an official comment but deferred charges normally include charges for activation, free router, house move, etc.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Oldjim

47 If we have made a change which is to your material disadvantage, you will not have to pay a charge (excludes any charges or payments we have deferred) if you decide to end your agreement early, unless the price guide says otherwise. However, once we have told you about such a change, you must let us know that you want to end the agreement within 10 days.

Versus the "Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999" etc.  Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Exactly - which is why I said it was not an official statement and as far as I know one hasn't been issued
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Exactly - which is why I said it was not an official statement and as far as I know one hasn't been issued

considering plusnet have already released the news of the price hikes, why would we need to wait for an offical statement to cancel free of charge? or am i missing something, and if i am, when are plusnet likely to come out and make an offical statement, as i thought they had already as its all over moneysavingexpert among other places
Jarr
Grafter

So basically Plusnet will wriggle out of it if they've given you an offer like half price for x number of months.