Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Quote from: peterb99
Does anyone know what to do with the BT modem and the Plusnet router?  Does someone come and pick them up?

No we don't Pete so feel free to do with them as you please. Sorry to see you go.
Quote from: hooker1uk
P.s. Bob Pullen, nice to see you in you're native home (remember my username from another forum?)

I've been in and out of that many forums during my time I find it hard to keep track! I'm guessing it's one of the lesser frequented though?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Plusnet is my service due to be cut off tomorrow? As BT are beginning the transfer some point tomorrow, is there a timeframe for transfer?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If it's a straight migration then it'll probably be done by the time you wake up. Any downtime will be negligible, it's just a case of you updating your login credentials (or swapping the new router in) when the transfer's complete.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi,
          I've read some of the posts but have not received any email yet, first I have heard of this price rise to date, my question is, I'm on Broadband only Unlimited, I changed up from essentials a few months ago, I have BT line, will this rise in price affect me?   Plusnet seem to be attracting new customers with low offers and making the deficit up by raising prices for current customers  ( The BT Way).
regards
Jono   
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our records suggest it was sent early August Jono. I've just forwarded you another copy.
Quote from: jono
I'm on Broadband only Unlimited, I changed up from essentials a few months ago, I have BT line, will this rise in price affect me?

Your monthly subscription won't be changing.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

AndyH
Grafter

@ Bob
Should the price increases be affecting FTTP trialists too? (we are discussing this on the FTTP trial forum).
I'm happy to take the line rental with PN, but only when I go from being on a trial to a full service. It wouldn't be fair to take a 12 month line rental contract if PN  decided in a few months to end the trial or not launch a full service.
ratbag
Grafter

Hello chaps,
I wonder if someone would confirm something for me please:
I currently have "Extra" at £11.99 per month. I had received an email but was careless and no longer have it. I believe "Extra" without line rental will cost me £13.49 from October onwards. If I change to "Unlimited without phone", will that still cost £12.49 per month as advertised on this site after October or will I have to pay an extra £1.50 on top of that as well? Thanks for any help.
I just moved my broadband to another phone line a couple of months ago so can't think about moving away or it will cost be £65. Great timing.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Go to closed tickets on your account - it will be there and is called a Service Notice
ratbag
Grafter

Thanks very much, got it. May move my phone over instead for now.
Barry.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, moving phone would avoid the £1.50 additional monthly charge from 1st October on Extra. However if you move your phone you could upgrade to Unlimited (with 12 month contract) for £9.99 per month. It sounds like the deferred 'broadband move' charge already on your account applies for most of that time.
David
julieh

I have not had an email about price changes, etc  (changed to PlusNet in June and been happy with service so far) Does this mean that when my years contract expires, my bill will be significantly increased? Would I still be able to have another 12 month contract?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I don't know if this is too far off-topic but I see that BT will soon start imposing a charge for their Caller Display service, which hitherto could be had for free (by signing-up for BT's 'Privacy at Home' option).  For me that removes the last possible reason I had for keeping my line rental with BT whilst using Plusnet as my ISP.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's still free if you sign up for twelve months.
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ReedRichards
I don't know if this is too far off-topic but I see that BT will soon start imposing a charge for their Caller Display service, which hitherto could be had for free

And the basic 1571 service as well, unless you sign up for 12 months.
The_10th
Grafter

So much for competition - we all end up paying more or get tied-in to contracts. No doubt Sky and TT will be adding these charges on too as it all follows suit.
If I were to keep my 'unlimited' BB but move phone away I presume it's just 14 days' notice required as a minimum and what if the new contract starts just into a new month for phone line rental - is it pro-rata for the L.R until the service is moved? As I don't have extra/value my BB will stay as is so just looking at phone options which is looking more like Sky atm unless they decide to hike their prices. Don't these companies know the recovery that is much panded isn't felt by a lot of consumers?