Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet back on top!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

PlusNet back on top!

We are pleased to confirm that we have topped the uSwitch survey (independently run by YouGov), once again, coming out top for Overall Customer Satisfaction with an impressive 78%. Bottom place came Orange, with 35% of their customers dissatisfied. The bigger players were an even spread in between.
You can find out more about this at the Community Site
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
27 REPLIES 27
tgr
Grafter

Re: PlusNet back on top!

This was why I decided to move from orange to plusnet up till now you are living up to expectations but then I have only just joined lol
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Glad to hear you're happy so far, the onus is now on us to make sure we keep meeting your expectations.
If you do have any questions, give us a shout and we'll be happy to help. Smiley
Technosapien

Been pleased with plus net so far, service great, just a pity I can't get 8 meg where I am, now if only it was cheaper, something like BT Option 3 & Broadband - now that I could be interested in, a bit like Talk Talk - who are the absolute worst company though.
Rusty

Quote from: Chris
We are pleased to confirm that we have topped the uSwitch survey (independently run by YouGov), once again, coming out top for Overall Customer Satisfaction with an impressive 78%. Bottom place came Orange, with 35% of their customers dissatisfied. The bigger players were an even spread in between.

I'm sorry but your figures don't make sense! If 78% of PlusNet customers were satisfied and 35% of Orange customers were dissatisfied, then there is only 3% difference in the satisfaction level between the two.
spm

Quote from: Rusty
I'm sorry but your figures don't make sense! If 78% of PlusNet customers were satisfied and 35% of Orange customers were dissatisfied, then there is only 3% difference in the satisfaction level between the two.

Mmm. Not the most accurate mental arithmetic I've ever come across  Smiley
SGH-B

Quote from: Rusty

?
Plusnet:
78% satisfied
22% not
Orange:
65% satisfied
35% not
More than a 3% difference
tcbarrett

88% of statistics is made up on the spot.
Warning: I'm going to sound like a right old whinger below...
What was the sample size? Who was questioned? How were they questioned?
Meaningless numbers. It leaves Talk Talk somewhere in between. Lets say 70% satisfaction for arguments sake. According to Wiki they had 2.5million customers in 2005. Assuming their customer base has risen, that means there are at least 1.75 million satisfied Talk Talk customers out there. That's a lot of saitisfied customers! Why aren't you with them?
Anyway, I'm not advocating or advertising for any other company (after all I chose PlusNet for a reason), but stats are just stats. And percentages are especially meaningless without context.
Congratulations to PlusNet though!
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Emperor
?
Plusnet:
78% satisfied
22% not
Orange:
65% satisfied
35% not
More than a 3% difference

But you haven't taken into account the "don't knows" Wink
jazz
Grafter

I think the "Don't Knows" must be an apathetic lot and should therefore be ignored.  On the other hand the "Couldn't Care Less" group at least have a point of view but never seem to figure in official statistics.
Who was it who said "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses a lamp post - for support rather than illumination!"?
For the record - I'm certainly in the Happy with PlusNet brigade - well done to all at PlusNet Towers Cheesy
James
Grafter

You'll always get some good surveys and some dodgy ones.  I don't know the specifics of the uSwitch one, but seeing as it put us on top, it must be right Smiley
None of them will ever be perfect, but this one is generally fairly reliable.
nadger
Rising Star

Please read for overall clarification Cheesy
Mand
Grafter

The survey covered 20,000 respondents, you can find more info here.
We were obviously very pleased that we came top of the pile, but we will always be aiming for improvements. Smiley
tcbarrett

Quote from: jazz
For the record - I'm certainly in the Happy with PlusNet brigade - well done to all at PlusNet Towers Cheesy

Yes. As much as I disagree with statistics (I think you'll find 69% of people surveyed believed all statistical results to be wrong), one of the main reason for me being a PLusNet customer is the customer service that I have received.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

And we are continuing to work on improving the CSC, so the support can get better still.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.