Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator announcement

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Moderator announcement

Sad news, but I hope you enjoy the well-earned break Jim.
You've certainly proved yourself through some trying situations over the years, and I'm sure I speak for all the Plusnetters that frequent these parts in saying a big thank you for everything you've contributed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You say 'OldJim', I say 'Good ol' Jim', well 'everything in moderation' as they say (including moderation apparently), Jim has contributed considerably to what I have always considered a fine example of how a furum should be run, fair enforcement of the rules without appearing too heavy handed but not afraid to challenge others (including PN) when necessary.

The other mods are alright too I suppose  Grin [/coat]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Santiago
Grafter

Take it easy Jim, Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Sad day, you will be missed - you have been a steady hand and have taken more than a few knocks.  I do hope that those issues have not contributed to your decision to hand in your electronic red pen?  Hopefully you will remain around and join the "bright sparks" group... or do you now get the "Legend" badge!
Enjoy retirement and keep in touch.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

All the best! Smiley
Now you'll have more time to explore and about in greater depth.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

You will be missed JIm - you were first to respond to my opening post and helped a great deal, hope you stick around even if it's the back ground, moderating can be a thankless task but I and many others appreciated all you have done.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To all those who posted nice things - and any who refrained from posting less complimentary things - thank you very much and I will be around although perhaps not to the same extent.
Some of you may not remember - let us be honest I doubt if any of you have such a long memory of inconsequential things - I was a Bright Spark before becoming a moderator so I do try to help wherever I can
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well Jim you've certainly being doing a very tough job for a very long time. Nowadays I wouldn't do the job for all the tea in china, you'd probably have to pay me or maybe even if you paid me.
However, there comes a time when it is wise to step back from the coal-face and have a rest, so relax and enjoy yourself. I wish you well.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Oldjim
Some of you may not remember - let us be honest I doubt if any of you have such a long memory of inconsequential things

Oh yes we do!  Wink
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Jim, sorry to hear you won't be moderating in the foreseeable future but hope to see you back. You have done an excellent job looking after the forums, thank you for all you have done Smiley
Mav
Fixes: 514

As with all the moderators here, you have been doing a sterling job. Thanks and enjoy your retirement Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why has Jim dropped to a rank of "Standard" (whatever that is as I've never noticed it on anyone else)?
He should definitely be given a rank of Bright Spark (or Legend)!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

"Standards" may be high or low, maybe this denotes the Standard to which all us 'Sub-Standards' must aspire...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Standard only appears when that is set as a primary group - if it had been set as no primary group then there wouldn't have been anything
There are two standard groups - member and standard - with slightly more members in member although most are in both.
I have no idea why there are two basic groups but it is something to do with how the database is set up
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are the people with the member and standard ranks all people who were registered during the testing phase of these forums (before everyone moved across from the old portal forums)? The ones I've looked at all have low numbered user numbers (displayed at the end of the URL when you look at a profile, e.g. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=160).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)