cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone price changes - October 2012

JamesM
Grafter

Re: Home Phone price changes - October 2012

I was going to change products because of the price increase, but I might wait a while now, I could end up with a BTHH. Wink
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I can't see any advantage in switching from BT to PlusNet or staying with PlusNet  now the prices are the same, in fact PN is dearer if you take into consideration free caller ID on BT.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Depends on the comparison
Taking the base cost - no 12 months in advance - from January 2013
Evening and Weekends BT £15.45 + £3.30 = £18.75 Plusnet £13.99 + £0 .99 = £14.98
Anytime BT £15.45 + £5.15 = £20.60 Plusnet £13.99 + £4.00 + £0.99 = £18.98
Petard
Rising Star

Quote from: Jameseh
Quote from: Petard
This does have the air of being the end for PlusNet, though I suppose it might linger on as a badge for BT's products.

Please believe me when I say you are wrong, although it is of course entirely up to you whether or not you choose to believe what I am telling you Wink

Well, I'd like what you say to be true; I'd like to believe you. But if it is true, what are we to make of your aligning your call rates exactly with BT's? Why are you doing this?
KevinG
Rising Star

I might be wrong, but I thought from previous postings that Plusnet's new pricing (from October 2012) had been aligned with BT's current pricing - but that is due to go up in January so will leave Plusnet cheaper.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Just to clarify the question of price about Line Renal Saver, it's increasing to the equivalent of £10.49 per month. Details can be seen here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/terms_28102012.html#line_rental_saver
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
peter10
Grafter

Thank you Chris. At long last an answer regarding annual line rental.
I have lost confidence and trust in plusnet after having been told this on Saturday in reply to a ticket. "At the moment there are no plans to change the price of Line Rental Saver but for obvious reasons this cannot be guaranteed." As I posted elsewhere a friend had found the link giving the rises before I received the response to the ticket so why was I misinformed? I would appreciate one of the reps telling me.
I note whilst looking around to see what else is on offer that the BT web site clearly informs people that some prices will rise in January. I hope that PN will do the same for these October rises and not hide them away. In the comparison with other providers section I also note that you say that you are 24p per year cheaper for telephone and broadband than another supplier in my area. I trust that if all remains the same you will say that you are over £11 dearer when the increases take place.
I feel that the whole price rise announcement has been badly handled. Why the rush to increase prices in October whilst even BT are holding back until next year? ....... I can make a guess why.....or is it a coincidence that it comes in just before the first batch of annual line rentals are due for renewal?
ps Still awaiting official notification via email.
BRABUS
Grafter

Quote from: KevinG
That's good to hear - I think people would leave in droves if Plusnet were absorbed into BT, unless there were major incentives. It does raise the question that if your call centre is so efficient, why doesn't BT abandon its hated overseas call centres?

Quote from: Jameseh
I don't think that's a question we can really answer Smiley

But I bet you would all like to answer it Smiley
dsw
Grafter

I'd assume it'd go on the website as well as on email. As email messages can be blocked etc and some customers therefore won't receive notification? Where can I view the official pricing changes on your website?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Here is a link to the price changes
http://community.plus.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/TEST-Important-information-about-your-Plusnet-H...
Regards
Miike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The updated prices are linked from the new Terms and Conditions I posted
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/terms_28102012.html#line_rental_saver
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide_28102012.html
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Salmo: You were told incorrectly.  I've just checked the training documentation and it's quite clear that line rental saver is increasing at the same time.  We'll work out why that happened.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
glloyd
Rising Star

PN may make another increase in January.
Quote from: KevinG
I might be wrong, but I thought from previous postings that Plusnet's new pricing (from October 2012) had been aligned with BT's current pricing - but that is due to go up in January so will leave Plusnet cheaper.
derek268
Dabbler

Hi
My monthly bill is due today for anytime calls and PlusNet value fibre broadband.
As the phone line rental part of the bill is paid in advance i.e. for this month it will be        19/09/201219-18/10/2012.
I should be grateful therefore if the following questions could be answered.
1. If I take up the offer of paying the annual line rental I assume that will take effect from 19/10/1012, please confirm?
2. I assume that as my next bill will be before 28/10/2012 that the charge would still be at the present rate of £113.88?
3. As mentioned above I am on PlusNet Value Fibre and because I was on the trial for this product last year along with others I get the fibre product at £10.00 discount. I take it this discount for the Value Fibre Broadband will not be affected and I will still pay the price I am now?
4. is there a cut off time to take up and pay the annual line rental so that monthly line rental does not appear on the next bill?
Thank and Regards
Derek
LukeAger
Grafter

Hi Derek

Quote from: derek268
1. If I take up the offer of paying the annual line rental I assume that will take effect from 19/10/1012, please confirm?

Correct, From 19th October for a period of 12 months, covering you up to 18th October 2013.
2. I assume that as my next bill will be before 28/10/2012 that the charge would still be at the present rate of £113.88?

That is correct. If you move to pay your line rental yearly before the 28th October you can still get the £113.88 deal.
3. As mentioned above I am on PlusNet Value Fibre and because I was on the trial for this product last year along with others I get the fibre product at £10.00 discount. I take it this discount for the Value Fibre Broadband will not be affected and I will still pay the price I am now?

The price changes will only affect the Telephone products. There is no change to broadband prices. Including fibre trial prices.
4. is there a cut off time to take up and pay the annual line rental so that monthly line rental does not appear on the next bill?

If you take Line Rental Saver before your next bill on the 19th October you will pay £113.88.  in line with current pricing.
If you take Line Rental Saver before the 28th October you will also still pay £113.88.
If you sign up after the 28th you will not be able to pay the lower price of £113.88.
I hope that helps  Smiley