cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone price changes - October 2012

kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Home Phone price changes - October 2012

It'll be 9.49 till that date,   and probably an similar reduction on the new price.  As long as you get it before it changes however,  you'll be good till this time next year
Petard
Rising Star

Quote from: Bob
You're not going to find yourself back with BT.

Well that's plain enough. All right, on that basis LRS it is – especially since taking it now effectively puts the price rise back a year.
Quote from: Bob
As I'm sure you can understand, it wouldn't really be politically correct of me to offer a guarantee like the one you're proposing when you consider who pays my wages Wink

That thought had occurred to me.  Smiley
Petard
Rising Star

I see that daytime calls to French landlines (for example) will increase from 11.3p/m to 22p/m, i.e. by 95%.
If this is not an error – surely it must be! – then what is the reason for it?
Comparison: placing the call through Skypeout would cost 1.6p/m – and with a connection charge of just 3.3p, against PN's 13.1p.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's obviously time to look around for cheaper alternatives and vote with your feet. The line rental and connection charges are now just getting beyond a joke. If some companies can do line rentals at a fraction of the cost with no connection charge then it shows how others are simply ripping people off. It's time the OFT and OFCOM looked into these unjustified charges. In the end the greedy companies will lose out.
Petard
Rising Star

Curiouser and curiouser....
PN's connection charge will rise to 13.1p.
BT's current connection charge is 13.1p.
PN's out-of-plan rate to landlines will be 7.95p/m.
BT's current daytime rate to landlines is 7.95p/m.
PN's daytime rate to French landlines will be 22p/m.
BT's current daytime rate to French landlines is 22p/m.
PN's daytime rate to the USA will be 18.3p/m.
BT's current daytime rate to the USA is 18.3p/m.
Etc. etc..
(BT's prices rise from these values in January.)
Sources:
http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone_28102012.html
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25512
Anyone else smell a smell?
It looks as if the explanation I was asking for earlier today is that PN's prices are being aligned with BT's.
JonJon
Grafter

I am a home phone customer, but don't seem to have received the email.
Jonny.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As I posted elsewhere - they are being sent out in batches on consecutive Mondays I believe
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: Petard
I see that daytime calls to French landlines (for example) will increase from 11.3p/m to 22p/m, i.e. by 95%.

Or just dial 0161 311 3111 and call France for the price of a UK call.
http://www.callsdiscount.com/uk/index.htm
pint
Aspiring Pro

When you combine the two quotes below, i can definatly smell something afoot:
If this is not an error – surely it must be! – then what is the reason for it?
Comparison: placing the call through Skypeout would cost 1.6p/m – and with a connection charge of just 3.3p, against PN's 13.1p.

Curiouser and curiouser....
PN's connection charge will rise to 13.1p.
BT's current connection charge is 13.1p.
PN's out-of-plan rate to landlines will be 7.95p/m.
BT's current daytime rate to landlines is 7.95p/m.
PN's daytime rate to French landlines will be 22p/m.
BT's current daytime rate to French landlines is 22p/m.
PN's daytime rate to the USA will be 18.3p/m.
BT's current daytime rate to the USA is 18.3p/m.
Etc. etc..
(BT's prices rise from these values in January.)
Sources:
http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone_28102012.html
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25512
Anyone else smell a smell?
It looks as if the explanation I was asking for earlier today is that PN's prices are being aligned with BT's.

To me i can certainly smell something is afoot, not sure if its a rat or not but something smells somewhere. to me it  certainly looks like we could be witnessing the end of Plusnet  as we know it ( although some would say that happened some time ago )
When i first signed up plusnet were known for their good prices and reputation via word of mouth/referals.
In fact at one time they used to boast that they didnt do any advertising except for the odd bit of sponsorship for the local football club, as the money that would have been spent on adds was invested into the company ( improving services etc etc) instead now we have that bloke and his poxy little dog on TV all the time.
peter10
Grafter

Hi Petard
It looks as though the annual line rental saver is catching up as well if this is true
Plusnet - Line rental saver provide 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £10.49. source http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/terms_28102012.html#line_rental_saver
BT - Low cost line rental – equivalent to £10.75 a month
Although, as I mentioned elsewhere, I was given this information yesterday by CS  -
"At the moment there are no plans to change the price of Line Rental Saver but for obvious reasons this cannot be guaranteed"

I don't know whether to believe the link above or CS but I do feel that PN are working on the "MushroomTheory" of customer relations. I feel sorry for the CS people who do an excellent job but I suspect they are limited as to what they can divulge at the moment.
Petard
Rising Star

This does have the air of being the end for PlusNet, though I suppose it might linger on as a badge for BT's products.
As for PN's Customer Services, it may well be that the man at the end of the phone knows little more about this than we do – and that he is dismayed at the prospect of being absorbed into the BT machine.
James
Grafter

This does have the air of being the end for PlusNet, though I suppose it might linger on as a badge for BT's products.

Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory, however you are a long way off the mark.
There is no value in BT integrating us whilst we continue to offer excellent efficiencies within our call centre and also drive better customer satisfaction performance.
Please believe me when I say you are wrong, although it is of course entirely up to you whether or not you choose to believe what I am telling you Wink
KevinG
Rising Star

That's good to hear - I think people would leave in droves if Plusnet were absorbed into BT, unless there were major incentives. It does raise the question that if your call centre is so efficient, why doesn't BT abandon its hated overseas call centres?
James
Grafter

I don't think that's a question we can really answer Smiley
idlewis
Grafter

I think the price change from october is too much especially when people's pay and benefits frozen or reduced and also unemployment and rising energy bills.