Did you mean: 

Home Phone price changes - May 2013

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Home Phone price changes - May 2013

Morning all,
The more attentive amongst you may have noticed this morning that we've made a few alterations to our sales pages. Notably the introduction of a new promotional offer and some changes to some of our Home Phone pricing/packages.
We've not formally announced this change as it's applicable mainly to new customers and those moving their phone service to us for the first time. If you already have your phone service with us then chances are, today's changes won't affect you.
Can any questions about today's changes be kept to this thread for the benefit of the mod's sanity please? I've asked that they kindly move any stray posts here so we can keep things in one place. I've also compiled a short FAQ below which I suspect will grow as people ask questions. Please make sure your question isn't already answered by the FAQ before posting.
What's changed?
Another reminder that this almost solely applies to new customers and those who are yet to move their phone service to us.

• Line rental for new customers has increased from 13.99pcm to £14.50pcm
  • The 'Talk Anytime' and 'Talk Anytime International' call packages have been superceded by 'Plusnet Anytime' and 'Plusnet Anytime International' charged at £5.00pcm and £7.00pcm respectively (£1pcm more than their former counterparts).
  • The new Home Phone products have a slightly modified call tariff.
  • Those not electing for a separate call package will get included Weekend calls, rather than Evenings & Weekends that was formally offered.
  • Evenings and Weekends will be available as a call package after signup and is charged at £1.50pcm
  • New product bolt-on will be introduced called 'Mobile', offering 100 UK Mobile minutes and costing £3.00pcm
  • Line Rental Saver has increased to £131.88 (equivalent of £10.99pcm) and will not feature any included calls apart from those to Plusnet support and other Plusnet customers (you can add the 'Plusnet Anytime', 'Plusnet Anytime International' or 'Mobile' bolt-on).

So, onto the FAQ because I suspect some existing Home Phone customers will have some questions (especially those who currently have LRS)...
FAQ for existing customers
1. I'm paying £13.99pcm for my line rental. Am I going to get charged more now?
No, the increased line rental applies only to new customers, customers taking phone for the first time, or existing phone customer changing call package e.g. from Evenings & Weekend to Anytime.
2. I'm part way through my LRS contract and it's up for renewal soon, what happens when it expires? will I have to pay the new price?
No, your Line Rental Saver will remain at the price you currently pay (£125.88) and you'll remain on the older call tariff with Evening & Weekend calls.
3. I'm paying £13.99pcm for my line rental and was thinking of taking LRS. If I sign up for LRS now, how much will I pay?
If you currently pay £13.99pcm for your line rental then you can take LRS at the old price of £125.88. This will be on the old tariff with Evening & Weekend calls.
4. I'm paying £13.99pcm for my line rental. What happens if I decide to change calling plan?
If you pay monthly and change calling plan e.g. Evenings & Weekends > Anytime, then your line rental will increase to £14.50pcm and you'll be moved across to the new call tariff.
5. I'm paying £13.99pcm for my line rental. What happens if I change my calling features e.g. Caller Display, Voicemail etc.
Nothing. You'll continue to pay £13.99pcm for your line rental. We're not chaning the price of call features.
6. I'm paying £13.99 for my line rental, can I have the £3 Mobile bolt on?
No, you'll need to move to one of the newer products and pay £14.50pcm for your line rental.
7. I'm part way though my LRS contract, can I have the £3 Mobile bolt on?
No, the Mobile bolt-on is not available to customers on the old line rental saver product.
8. I was going to move my phone to Plusnet/refer someone but you can no longer choose Evening's & Weekends when signing up. Can I still sign up to this package?
No, Evenings & Weekends is not available during signup. Once your phone service is up and running you can purchase Evenings & Weekends for £1.50pcm via the Member Centre.
9. I recently requested a calling plan change but it's not complete yet. Am I going to be charged the new prices?
No, you'll be charged the price advertised on our website at the time you requested the account change.
10. I've recently signed up, chosen to move my phone to you but the service isn't active yet. Am I going to be charged the new prices?
No, you'll be charged the price advertised on our website when you signed up/requested the transfer.
11. I'm paying £4.00pcm/£6.00pcm for 'Talk Anytime'/'Talk Anytime International', is the cost of my call package going to increase?
No, you'll continue to pay £4.00pcm/£6.00pcm.
12. I'm part way through my LRS contract. If I let it lapse will I pay £13.99pcm or £14.50pcm for my monthly line rental?
You'll pay the old price of £13.99pcm. The cost of your call package if you have one will stay the same too.
Questions?
If anybody has any questions about today's changes then fire away and we'll do our best to answer them. I'll update the FAQ above with any repeat questions that crop up.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

61 REPLIES 61
Razer
Grafter

Re: Home Phone price changes - May 2013

New customers only. Well that's just not fair. It should be open to existing customer so we can get a better deal for our ... oh, nevermind.
Quote from: Bob
slightly modified call tariff.

Would be nice to have direct links to plusnet pages instead of google [Censored]-all-over links.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Razer
New customers only. Well that's just not fair. It should be open to existing customer so we can get a better deal for our ... oh, nevermind.

Existing customers are welcome to move to the new call packages if they so desire. I'm not sure why you would though considering they're more expensive? Huh
slightly modified call tariff.

Would be nice to have direct links to plusnet pages instead of google [Censored]-all-over links.

Apologies. I've corrected the link.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is the mobile bolt-on available for the existing phone packages?
Sorry: Just read ALL the FAQ  Embarrassed
[Edit]
More sensible question: "The new Home Phone products have a slightly modified call tariff." - the link doesn't seem to differentiate between existing and new Home Phone products, can you provide separate links or a summary of the differences please? [Further Edit] I'm not paying much attention this morning - the differences are shown in the tariff page linked - sorry.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MsDizzie
Grafter

I could be wrong but wasn't there an option to hop back and forth between  'Plusnet Anytime' and 'Plusnet Anytime International' (formerly known as 'Talk Anytime' and 'Talk Anytime International').
Has that now been removed?
Razer
Grafter

Existing customers are welcome to move to the new call packages if they so desire. I'm not sure why you would though considering they're more expensive? Huh

Understanding it is more expensive, it was a joke, Bob. Smiley
Apologies. I've corrected the link.

Thanks.
picbits
Rising Star

I currently pay £4 a month for my Anytime add on - is this still staying at £4 a month or is it moving to the new £5 a month scheme ?
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh well another step to make PlusNet uncompetitive. You can almost predict what's going to happen as the customer base increases.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Second price increase in 6 month (last November), starting to look more and more like BT!
Pre last November price compared to new pricing (May)
line with evening and weekend calls £12.99 , new price £16.00 = increase of £3.01 per month / £36 per year / 23% increase
line with anytime calls £16.49, new price £19.50 = increase of £3.01 per month / £36 per year / 23% increase
line with anytime International calls £17.99, new price £ 21.50 = increase of £3.51 per month / £42.12 per year / 19.5% increase
Any one who wants 150 free  mobile mins , txt and data a month, take a look at Ovivo's freedom plan which is free. i have one as a back up works well.
If your making less money in one area, just keep increasing in another  Cheesy
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Finguz
Grafter

Quote from: picbits
I currently pay £4 a month for my Anytime add on - is this still staying at £4 a month or is it moving to the new £5 a month scheme ?

Same here as well as LRS, will our price for Anytime increase?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

If a customer does not renew LRS will they pay the old monthly price of £13.99?
Is there any planned phone line increase on the Madasafish brand?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: MsDizzie
I could be wrong but wasn't there an option to hop back and forth between  'Plusnet Anytime' and 'Plusnet Anytime International' (formerly known as 'Talk Anytime' and 'Talk Anytime International').
Has that now been removed?

No, you'll still be able to move between the call packages. If you're on the cheaper 'Talk Anytime' though and move to 'Plusnet Anytime International' then you'll move to the dearer line rental and new call tariff.

Understanding it is more expensive, it was a joke, Bob. Smiley

Ah sorry, I had my serious head on Wink
Quote from: picbits

Staying as it is. I've added that to the FAQ.
Quote from: Finguz
Same here as well as LRS, will our price for Anytime increase?

As above.
Quote from: I
If a customer does not renew LRS will they pay the old monthly price of £13.99?

Yes, added that to the FAQ too.
Quote from: I
Is there any planned phone line increase on the Madasafish brand?

Not that I'm party to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Finguz
Grafter

@Bob
Great thanks!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think there's a call pricing anomaly in the tariff.
For those with Home Phone packages taken on or after 8th May 2013, it says Daytime calls to 01, 02, 03 cost 8.41ppm.
But in the tables below it says Daytime Standard pence per minute calls to Local Geographic & Non-Geographic numbers (and National ditto) cost 7.95ppm.
(The Local and National Non-Geographic call lines also appear twice.)
David
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@spraxyt
I've asked someone to look at this for you Smiley