cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone price changes - May 2013

Razer
Grafter

Re: Home Phone price changes - May 2013

I will say that I foresee loads of customers being incorrectly charged, especially for call charges and connection fees. Time will tell if I'm wrong (which I hope I am).
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The products have been built on our back-end system for quite some time - the charges that apply to all of our existing (signed up before May 8th) customer base have been unchanged. I have personally validated the new tariffs and I work very closely with our Products team to make sure that their definitions are accurate and applied correctly by Development.
I'm quite confident that our intended call rating will be applied without issue Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Ben
@spraxyt
I've asked someone to look at this for you Smiley

An internal problem's been raised (ref: 75203) - Thanks Ben Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No probs Bob!
75203 covers the 01/02/03 rates - these are 8.41ppm at all times on new products.
I have also raised 75205 to cover 0845 / 0870 rates - these are also 8.41ppm at all times on new products.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's disgusting increases, there can be no justification for 23% increase. People are struggling as it is with most getting very little increases in pay if at all. Sky must be rubbing their hands reading those charges and waiting for the calls from people wanting to change over.
Quote from: I
Second price increase in 6 month (last November), starting to look more and more like BT!
Pre last November price compared to new pricing (May)
line with evening and weekend calls £12.99 , new price £16.00 = increase of £3.01 per month / £36 per year / 23% increase
line with anytime calls £16.49, new price £19.50 = increase of £3.01 per month / £36 per year / 23% increase
line with anytime International calls £17.99, new price £ 21.50 = increase of £3.51 per month / £42.12 per year / 19.5% increase
Any one who wants 150 free  mobile mins , txt and data a month, take a look at Ovivo's freedom plan which is free. i have one as a back up works well.
If your making less money in one area, just keep increasing in another  Cheesy
Regards
Mike
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I agree with glloyd it is disgusting, but there's more money to be made from the customer on the phone side rather than bb.
I think the cost that the ISP pays for the phone line as come down.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Mike - the wholesale cost for telephone lines has increased this year too.
Edit: The price on our monthly bills from Wholesale has gone up, but the published price has gone down. I'll need to look into this more!
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for the info Ben Smiley
I assume it has not increased twice in 6 month like your prices have , by an average of 21.8%  Shocked
Just seen your edit, am sure i read either on TB or ISPreview the Wholesale price of landline had gone down, can not find the article at the moment ( i could be wrong tho )
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Openreach tend to adjust their prices once per year, but they didn't drop their ADSL prices or roll out Unlimited Wink
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: glloyd
That's disgusting increases, there can be no justification for 23% increase. People are struggling as it is with most getting very little increases in pay if at all. Sky must be rubbing their hands reading those charges and waiting for the calls from people wanting to change over.

Sky's line rental is £14.50pcm with weekend calls as well unless I'm mistaken?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

That's correct Bob, but their line rental saver is £ 119.48 up front  (£9.95 a month)
Regards
Mike

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Ben
Openreach tend to adjust their prices once per year, but they didn't drop their ADSL prices or roll out Unlimited Wink

Fair one, but as the old saying go's what you give with one hand you take with the other  Wink
Regards
Mike

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I'm currently on Plusnet Extra with Talk Anytime and Line Rental Saver. If I was to change my broadband product (either to Fibre or to Unlimited Broadband), could I keep my phone product or would I have to pay the new prices?
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
peter10
Grafter

Sky line rental may be the same as plusnet at £14-50 pcm but you can choose to have free caller display instead of voicemail with Sky.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The new prices (for the Home Phone line rental etc.) only apply to new customers (or those changing Home Phone package), as I understand it existing customers continue to pay the same.
There's nothing to say you can't change your broadband package and keep the existing phone package (they've always been separate on the product change page).
@ Ben, have any call charges changed for existing customers?  (What is the impact of this announcement to existing customers staying on their existing Home Phone package?)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.