Did you mean: 

Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

Hi all,
As you may be aware we've begun to notify customers of some changes to Home Phone pricing and also the Line Rental Saver offer.
I'm opening this thread  for any discussion surrounding this.
Please make sure you've read the blog before posting  <a href="http://community.plus.net/blog/2011/11/01/home-phone-price-changes//">here</a>

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
157 REPLIES 157
choo
Grafter

Re: Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

Hi Adam,
Signed up last night, this wasn't on the blog then?
How does this affect new sign ups on the "onepound" offfer?
Thanks
littlebird
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
How does this affect customers on a 12 month retention offer?
Bud
Grafter

And how will it effect referals paid if someone changes to paying the line rental a year in advance?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@choo
Signed up last night, this wasn't on the blog then?

It wouldn't have been as we made this offer available for pre-registration today hence I published the blog this morning.
How does this affect new sign ups on the "onepound" offfer?

It doesn't affect that at all as that offer only relates to broadband subscription rather than line rental.
@littlebird
How does this affect customers on a 12 month retention offer?

As with most of our special offers we tend to only make retention offers in relation to broadband subscription rather than line rental, I'm going to check with the appropriate team just to be sure though and will get back to you about that.
And how will it effect referals paid if someone changes to paying the line rental a year in advance?

This won't affect referrals and any values for these will remain the same.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my complication
I am current on Home Phone 240, which I assume will go to £12.99 in December
reading the small print the new charge for any time will be £9.49 plus £3.50 total £12.99 i.e the same, but I pay monthly and the other is line rental one year up front.  Not really worth changing for a small user?
choo
Grafter

Thanks for clearning that up.
Thought it wasn't there yesterday, even though the date says so.
Home Phone Price Changes
November 1st, 2011 at 15:40 by Adam Walker

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@pierre_pierre
reading the small print the new charge for any time will be £9.49 plus £3.50 total £12.99 i.e the same

Yes, the line rental will go up but we don't class the £3.50 as line rental so you would still be getting a saving if you applied for the offer.
@choo
I see what you mean, this is as I'd prepared the blog yesterday but didn't publish is fully until today, that's something we'll keep in mind for future blogs.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NotSoNaff
Grafter

I am going to take this route but I am not happy about the T & C regarding early termination.
Obviously if I was thinking about leaving it would be a no no, but there are such things a circumstances beyond one‘s control?
It would be reasonable to expect a refund less the full Rental Fees which have been accrued plus an administrative charge, but to lose the whole bag of cash is not a nice thought.
The timing of the offer is less than thoughtful, the festive season and all that?
If less than expected users take up the offer don’t be surprised.
Just my 2p, best wishes,
NSN
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't see any problem with regard to timing. After 6th December Line Rental Saver will be available for users to take at any time if they choose to do so. The offering is something that has been requested in Feedback, good to see that Plusnet have responded.
David
suebuckby
Grafter

Hi
Sorry but when I signed up last month there was no mention of price increase!!! no I am not happy with this and given I was told this was for 12 months I will not be paying higher price. Also I experienced so many problems in my transition that I find it unacceptable to increase prices like this.
Should anyone wish to call me to discuss this then I will be happy to take the time and discuss this, again as stated I will not be paying the increased prices I am still waiting to see if PLUSNET are a good company but since finding out they are ACTUALLY owned by B.T I do have my reservations!!
fromtheblock
Grafter

Angry

I don't understand this? I've only just joined in the last few weeks. I joined for 12 months on the basis that the price would be as stated. I saw nothing to say the price would be increasing a month later.
Why are you only just informing new sign-ups of this price change?
alegeek
Grafter

Fantastic Smiley I'll be adding this to my account shortly.
I'm a very happy Plusnet user already and this just makes me happier  Cheesy
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you joined for 12 months take up the new offer and save some money
littlebird
Dabbler

I am very unhappy with this as well, now paying more than the supposed 12 month retention offer I was give back in the summer, think I'll be getting my MAC and going to another provider, and yes there are plenty who are cheaper than Plusnet.