Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

I've clicked the button for yet more savings Smiley You have to do it these days Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@pierre_pierre
reading the small print the new charge for any time will be £9.49 plus £3.50 total £12.99 i.e the same

Yes, the line rental will go up but we don't class the £3.50 as line rental so you would still be getting a saving if you applied for the offer.

If I stay on my current package and pay monthly, I get 240 mins anytime (which is enough for me) for £12.99
If I go to the new saver on antime I pay up front a year charge for £12.99
that seems like the same charge to me, but I keep my money in the bank
boyadjian

Hi,
I'm not happy with what is effectively a 12 month tie-in or lose the lot in the T&Cs
One of PN's selling points for me has always been the monthly contract.

I've been a long time customer, happy with the service from PN, but I'll take this as a wake up call to shop around before I sign on the dotted line, just in case my loyalty is being taken for granted by the BT corporate types.
TTFN
Edit - My first post in all the years with PN. So my cage must be rattled!
peterhr
Rising Star

Why do Plusnet need to make these increases?
Is it because
* the competition have increased prices, so we can increase ours and increase our profits (or pay levels)?
* we need to fund improvements in infrastructure?
* our costs have increased and we have to pass those increases on?
* we have invented a method to 'lock the customers in' and we want to fine those people who don't accept the lock in?
* another reason (please explain)?
nadger
Rising Star

Definitely a better return on my savings that leaving it in bank so have signed up - nice to see my suggestion from early September come to fruition  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@suebuckby
Sorry but when I signed up last month there was no mention of price increase!!!

Sorry this is as we started to notify our line rental customers yesterday. We always have to provide 30 days notice of any changes like this that could be regarded as detrimental.
@fromtheblock
Why are you only just informing new sign-ups of this price change?

We're informing everyone now so that 30 days notice is given.
@littlebird
I am very unhappy with this as well, now paying more than the supposed 12 month retention offer I was give back in the summer, think I'll be getting my MAC and going to another provider

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way, do bear in mind that even including the price increase we will still be cheaper than most UK providers including Virgin and Talk Talk for line rental.
@pierre_pierre
that seems like the same charge to me, but I keep my money in the bank

It's not, as per what I mentioned to you yesterday this offer is against line rental only and the £3.50 you pay for your calls package is not line rental. Hence from 6th December you would be paying £12.99 for call rental plus the £3.50 unless you opt to take Line Rental saver after that date which would then mean an equivalent of £9.49 line rental plus £3.50 for the calls package.
@boyadjian
Hi,
I'm not happy with what is effectively a 12 month tie-in or lose the lot in the T&Cs

One of PN's selling points for me has always been the monthly contract.
It's an optional offer that we're making to you and the nature of it means that you would need to commit to 12 months having paid for the line rental up front for that period.
@peterhr

The best way to explain this is firstly there has been a rise in inflation which accounts partly for the increase, secondly we wish to further improve our service and the initial experience of having that service provided, we've won another 6 awards over the last year and we're now Which? magazine's recommended provider which means we have higher standards to keep up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't think that this has been raised before but why this restriction. What does the call package have to do with the line rental
What you need to know
-Line Rental Saver is available on our current call packages only: Talk Anytime; Talk Evening & Weekends and Anytime International 300.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Jim,
It's not a restriction per-se as its available to all other customers with legacy phone packages and new home phone customers after 6th December.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

So you expect customers to pay extra so you can get awards?

The best way to explain this is firstly there has been a rise in inflation which accounts partly for the increase, secondly we wish to further improve our service and the initial experience of having that service provided, we've won another 6 awards over the last year and we're now Which? magazine's recommended provider which means we have higher standards to keep up.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@glloyd
No that's not what I'm saying at all. Now that we've achieved the awards and the Which? endorsement it means that we need to keep up a higher standard of service and support for our customers.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fotobits
Rising Star

Home Phone increases

I'm not suprised at the new prices and I think the adoption of an annual rental is a good idea.  However, how is the saving of over £42 pa calculated?
I calculate the saving to be £30 pa!
Regards.....
fotobits
Rising Star

Re: Home Phone increases

Oh yes, I get it....it's the saving on the new monthly price.  I was assuming it meant the saving on the existing rental!
Poof!
Regards.....
dick:quote
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Hmm I just got a reduction in my package price and now I am told it is going UP before I even get the reduction into play  Angry (my renewal date is the 23rd)
I was told this :-
10:25am, Monday 31 Oct 2011
-snip-
This means your monthly charge for the Talk Evening and weekends plus the Unlimited Broadband will be priced at £xx.yy a month for 12 months on a non contract basis

but now they cost is going UP?
Surely they two statements are contradictory? Either the price quotes on Monday is FIXED for 12 months or it isn't which is it?
glloyd
Rising Star

And customers are going to pay for it.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@glloyd
No that's not what I'm saying at all. Now that we've achieved the awards and the Which? endorsement it means that we need to keep up a higher standard of service and support for our customers.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens to our money if PlusNet ceases trading ?
Is it protected in a separate Business Account ?