Did you mean: 

Community updates January 2018

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Community updates January 2018

Hello everyone,

I don't have much to report for this update as I haven't done too much over the last couple of months but I will try to list out the stuff you'd like to be aware of:

Long post title icons - I have done a bit of a tidy up of the CSS for icons that appear next to the 1st post of a topic. This is because when the title is very long the icons get bunched up at the top of the post and it looked a bit silly.

Superuser escalation link displaying on the Reply page - I have hidden the superuser escalation link (applies to superusers only really) as it was appearing in the preview box under the text editor.

Tweaks to our robots.txt file - Google has been busy indexing the forums and I have added a few new rules in there to stop the Google robots from crawling some pages that don't need to be indexed (like some of our archive where the information is wildly out of date).

General CSS fixes - I have gone through some areas and made some very slight alterations to the CSS to make for a better experience. You may not notice most of them to be perfectly honest and I had made so many minor amendments I can't possibly list them all out. Just know that I do (and always will) look for any ways I can to make the forums more user freindly.

These updates are now live.

Please feel free to post your ideas on the Community Feedback board if you have an idea about something you'd like to see.

Thanks for being part of the Plusnet community and thanks for taking the time to read this post about the small updates I have made.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.